Chapter 14

It was three days ago when Zoe told her friends about her relationship with Calum. She was devestated but also relieved that she 'broke up' with them. Calum didn't leave her side though. He made sure she didn't think about it and told her how amazing she was every single day. They were at Zoe's house, still in bed, cuddled up and chatting a bit. 

"The guys wanted to watch some movies tonight at Luke's house, do you want to go?" Calum asked while stroking a lock of hair behind her ear. 

They have been spending a lot of time with the boys and Jenn. It seemed like they started to like each other. Calum liked that. He liked to see his girl with his best mates getting along. He never thought it would happen, but it did and he couldn't be happier about it. 

"Sure." Zoe whispered with a smile. 

"You don't need to if you don't w--" 

Zoe placed her finger on his lips to shut him up. 

"Cal, I'd love to watch some movies with your friends. It'll keep my mind off of things." She whispered and pressed her lips onto his. When she pulled away, he had his eyes still closed and a smile spread across his face. Zoe laughed and Calum opened his eyes. 

"Can we watch Frozen though?" She asked. 

He laughed.

 "Sure, baby. I think Michael would love to watch that movie." He stated and pressed his lips onto hers once again. 

They talked for an hour before heading downstairs to have some breakfast. When they were done eating, they cuddled up on the sofa and watched reruns of some sort of series. They didn't pay much attention though, Calum distracted Zoe by kissing down her neck and when she finally turned, he kissed her on the lips. Which ended in a makeout session. Their romantic moment got interrupted by Zoe's phone ringing. She groaned onto Calum's mouth and pulled away. She grabbed her phone from the coffeetable. 

"Mom..." she whispered and swallowed away the anxiety that was about to hit. She drew in a deep breath and answered. 

"Hey mum." She said happily, or she tried to sound like that. 

"Hey sweetie, how are you?" She asked too nicely. 

"Great, everything's great." Zoe answered and looked over at Calum. 

"Put on speaker." He whispered and she did so. 

"How's Europe?" Zoe asked. 

"Oh it's great, we had a lot of fun here and we also brought something for you." Zoe looked at Calum again. Her eyes were wide and she didn't know what to expect. Calum looked rather confused. He was fighting the urge to take his girlfriend's phone and tell that woman what he wanted to say. 

"Oh really, what is it?" Zoe asked, trying to sound surprised. 

"I'll hand him over." This made Zoe even more curious. 

"Hello?" It sounded. It was a small voice, a little boy's voice. 

"Hi... uh... who's this?" Zoe asked politely. 

"Robin." The little voice answered. He sounded scared. 

"Can you give my mom back for a moment, please?" Zoe asked sweetly. 

There was a fumbling noise and some voices in the background. Then Zoe heard her mom again. 

"Zoe?" Elise's voice sounded through the phone again. 

"Who's that?" she asked. 

"Robin. He's your new brother." 

Zoe's mouth widened and her breath hitched in her throath. Brother? They adopted a kid in Europe? Zoe didn't know what to do. She didn't want the little kid come into their 'family'. It's not like she hated kids, she loved them. She just didn't want it to get hurt.