Chapter 9

Lying in bed. Staring at the ceiling for an hour.

I'm like a lost boy wandering in the woods of despair and anxiety. But it's a mystery that even if I know my way out, even if the ray of light flashes my way outside, I am not exiting. If I step forward, my impulsive head will turn and look back and will see her beauty. And again I am stuck in her mysteries.

Gravity one may say when it comes to me, always being pulled or pushed towards her. But I know, there's no scientific explanation that should describe my eagerness to know her better. It's just me. Wanting, dreaming, to be with her. My lonely, weary and hopeless self.

Gusto ko siyang makilala. Gusto kong malaman kung bakit, bakit gusto kong maniwala sa tadhanang matagal ko ng sinusumpa. What makes her different? What is her purpose in my life now that it's in the midst of its construction? And why, why do I want it badly, everything in her. Maybe, she is my personal therapy. Heaven sent.

It sucks. It really does. When you are on your way to build all the bricks fate had thrown at you, here they come again throwing piles.

I was able to step forward, but I saw how she stepped back.

There are two things I am sure of. One, she thinks I'm a maniac, which I can't really disagree with now because the way I stared at her earlier was like she's a one box of pepperoni pizza. And second, she assumed I am married.

Regardless of these facts battling with my heart and running in my head, still I know I am not going anywhere.

Paused.

Jamie. 

Inhale. Exhale.

Even saying your name makes me shiver.

Covered his face by his hand.

I would like to believe that it is not a wrong timing for both of us.