Chapter 49

Jamie is drunk while trying to maneuver her steering wheel. Her eyes were trying their best not to shut as she travels a busy highway.

Before she heads home, Jamie decided to buy some coffee in a fast food restaurant, but realized that it was the branch where Adrian works.

"Shit. This is where Adrian works! Anoba self! Lasingkana but he still pulls you closer to him? Pfft! No Jamie! No!"

She decided to just pass that by and searched for another branch along the way.

She parked her car when she finally found one. Jamie ordered coffee and a burger and placed herself on a table set outside. She put her bare feet on top of the table not minding what other late night customers and crew would think and say. Suddenly, the sky started to sprinkle some of its rain and blew a cold breeze.

"Really? My best friend got engaged, I am depressed and now it's gonna rain. And I have no shawl or jacket to cover me from this brisk night, I have no umbrella against this shower. And! And I'm having a damn coffee alone. Alone! Really! Talagang pinapa-alala niyo sa akin na wala akong jowa!!!"

She slapped her table and laughed about her murmurings.

"DAMN IT!!!"

The crew begins to be bothered. It seems that the lady outside is wasted and in need of help.

'Dina. Uuwi na ako. Uulanna" She repeats to herself. "Gabi na Jamie, wala kang partner na aalalay sayo kaya umayos ka! Lasing lasing ka dyan eh"

She stood up quickly that her hip accidentally hit her coffee cup and spilled all over the table.

"URGH!!!!!! WHAT NOW!!!"

She left the mess alone and tried her best to limp, her way towards her car, hoping to let not the rain catch her.

"Bakit ang layo layo Jamie? Why do you have to park your car sadulo?! Ang tanga mo talaga!"

The crew started to aid the leaving customer with umbrellas because the rain started to fall hard.

"Sir, meron pa pong isa basang basa napo siya kaka-alis lang"

The manager noticed that he needs to help some customer as well. He grabbed an umbrella and went outside.

Jamie is still on her way to her car. She's all wet and freezing by the rain.

"Finally self! Now where's my keys! Shit! Bakit nawawala susi ko!"

She decided to turn around and go back for the key when she suddenly bumped into the manager whose holding the umbrella. Jamie, holding her shoulders and freezing looked up to his face slowly.

Under the shade of the umbrella, the manager seems too quiet. Jamie wiped off her face and saw the face of someone she's been avoiding for the past six months.

"A... Adriane?"