Chapter 45

It's almost two in the afternoon when Adriane, Steve and Wena pacified the pained little boy. Adriane sent a few messages to Jamie apologizing for their no show during lunch and told her about what happened.

After few more text messages, Adriane grows anxious about unresponsive Jamie. This is unusual, especially when it comes to Addie.

He decided to visit her room instead to check that she probably is still sleeping. He bought her medicine for a possible headache and ordered a late lunch for them.

He's smiling widely. Ready to see Jamie's smile whenever she's been surprised.

Adriane stood at her front door and start knocking.

"Room service"

He smiled with the idea of a Jamie, whose probably still on her night piece and unkempt hair.

"Room service!",

A few more knock and call still no answer.

He keeps knocking when a bellboy interrupted.

"Ahy sir! nag-check out na po yung guessdyan."

He paused for a while and got confused.

"What did you say?"

"Nag- check out napoyung guess dyan"

"Jamie. Ms. Jamie Mendoza? Sure ka? Check monga"

He dominantly suggested.

"Yes po. Si Ms. Jamie po"

He started to breathe fast. Passed the tray of lunch to the staff and opened the door.

"Jamie!?"

He searched for her all over the room, he found her not.

"Ah sir. Nagmamadali po si Ms. Jamie umaliskanina. Nag-request po siya ng banka kanina"

"What time?"

"Naku sir, mga isang oras na po"

Adriane impulsively runs outside the hotel and went his way where the boats are.

He searched everywhere and asked the people for Jamie yet they gave him the very same answer.

He knew that if it's an emergency, Jamie could've told him already. But it seems that it isn't.

Jamie already left.

He's restless. He begins to be hopeless. Adriane went back to her room and sat down on her bed. 

He looked down, grabbed his face and whispered.

"Jamie. Why?"