Chapter 52

The clock alarmed, but the beauty who lies down won't succumb to its warning. She covers her ear instead with a pillow, hoping the noise will stop itself. A small hand tap her back. A soft and gentle voice calling out her attention.

"Ma"

"Ma. Mama ba!"

She removed the pillow slightly and her eye tried to peek whose calling her name. The blurry sight couldn't feed much vision as to whom it was trying to wake her up early in the morning.

"Agh! anu ba, ang aga-aga eh"

She rolled herself onto her bed and disregard her visitor.

"Mama ba!!!!"

Her eyes widened when she finally realizes who it was.

"Ayla? Ayla baby!"

She stood up quickly that made her head ache and dizzy.

"Ouch!"

She massaged her forehead and fixed her hair.

"You were drunk last night, Ma"

"No, honey I'm not. Okay medyolang, konti langyun baby kasi engagement party nitita Viang"

"I can still smell yungsukamo"

She smelled her own breath and jokingly avoided her daughter's fierce gaze.

"And you went home late last night Ma"

"No baby! I was early. Natulog ka lang ng maaga"

She gently responded while caressing the cheeks of her baby.

"You're still wearing your gold dress ma"

Alya said as she walked out of her mother's room.

"Ha? anong?'

She looks at herself and noticed she didn't change her clothes since she got home. Jamie covered herself with a blanket and waved goodbye to her daughter.

"Sorry nak!"

"Yah right ma. Get up. Breakfast is served"

"Okay, baby! Be there in a while! Love you"

"Love you ma"

Ayla shouted as she closed the door.

"Jusko! Next time itatakwil ka na ng anak mo Jamie!"

She hurriedly took her clothes off for a shower. The wine she took last night still has its effect on her.

"May pinagdadaananbaako kahapon? Parang ang lala naman ng sakit ng ulo ko"

She wonders as the water keeps pouring down from the shower onto her face. Jamie turned the shower off when the memories from last night slowly sank in.

"A... Adriane"