Chapter 44

What hurts the most is, when someone made you feel that you are not deserving of the truth.

Noontime.

Jamie was walking towards the restaurant where they will have their lunch. She's in her usual joyful aura since she felt comfortable with Adriane. Every day she wakes up with readiness to be with the one who is making her heart beat again, with a new purpose.

She's walking through a narrow marbled steps. Suddenly she saw Addie running and crying.

Her smile changed to anxiety quickly.

"Addie? Addie!"

She called out for the boy. She's about to run after him, but she saw Steve and Wena ran after the boy. Jamie started to get confused.

"Steve! Wena"

She called out to the two, but her loud voice fell on a busy ears. Jamie steps forward when she saw Adriane in a hurry following Steve and Wena. She begins to feel uneasy.

"What? Adriane! Adriane! What's going on?"

Still, she fails to get their attention. Jamie decided to follow them instead.

She found them in their room comforting Addie. She wants to join in but it seems that they're having a serious talk. Jamie stepped backward and was about to leave when she heard Addie speak.

"Bakitganon?'

Addie cried out  loud.

Jamie decided to stay, standing outside the open door.

"Wena, what happened?'

Adriane asked.

"We were drunk last night and hindi namin namalayan na gising pala siya. We were talking about our past issues and"

"And?"

Steve answered the question for Wena.

"At narinig niya yung totoo sa pagkatao niya"

Adriane and Jamie almost broke down. Addie won't stop crying.

"Kaya pala daddy, kaya pala ikaw sad dahilsa akin! Kaya pala hindi kana ang nasa house kasi ayaw mo na sa akin kasi hindi mo ako totong anak."

Adriane knelt down in front of Addie.

"Son, that's not true! I left because that's the right thing to do"

"What's the right thing to do? Leave? You don't leave the people you love daddy!!"

"Addie, anak listen to daddy. I only left the house, but not  you. I will never do that. Kahit anong mangyari I'm still your daddy Adriane. Jr. kita eh"

Adriane wipes off his son's tears.

Addie won't stop sobbing.

"Son, you have to be with your real parents. With your real father. Isn't that amazing? Ang dami naming nagmamahal sayo"

"But still. Soon you will be with tita Jamie, and you will be married to her and you will have kids, mababawasannayung time natin together. Ayoko ng ganun daddy please stay daddy"

Addie's tears flow like a waterfall.

Steve rubs Wena's shoulders to pacify her broken heart.

Upon hearing everything suddenly a scene from the past hits Jamie. Her heart is squeezing by pain. Unconsciously her tears run down to her cheeks.

She's catching up for her breath. Jamie left the room and runs towards her own. She placed her hand on her chest and squeezed her clothe.

"Hindi ko kaya to. I just can't. I won't let this happen again."

She went inside her room and decided to do something she might regret for the coming days.