Chapter 56

She reads her papers too fast. She walks back and forth in front of her staff. Jamie seems to be bothered on a fine Saturday afternoon.

"Ma'am! Ma'am! Huy Ma'am Jamie?!"

"Ha? Anoba!"

"Anong anoba? Anong nangyayari sayo nakakahilo kana, kalma naman konti ma'am"

"Alam mo hindi ko alam kung sekretarya kita o konsyensya eh"

"Ako nanay mo!"

"Ugh!!!"

"Joke lang ma'am. Ano po ba kasing problema niyo? May love life na ulit kayo diba?"

"What makes you say that?'

"Ang blooming niyo eh. yungparangnadiligan"

"Oh please stop!"

"Okay. Pero bakit nga hindi kayo mapalagay?"

"Because Adriane is with Ayla now. He took her on a date"

"Ma'am, matalinong bata namanposi Ayla. Kaya niyanangi-deal yon"

'Yun nga eh! I'm worried because she is too smart!!!"

"Sabagay. The last time she asked me bakitbabaeakokahitboseslalakiako. Alam niyo mana talaga sa inyo yang anak niyo ma'am eh, lowkey basher ko"

"Go back to your cubicle!"

"Okay!!! Itong mag-nanaynatomapanghusga"

Jamie gets her phone and dialed Adriane's number.

Sitting across each other. Her tiny little finger taps on the table, waiting in silence as she stares fiercely at the man who supposedly courting her mom. Adriane was about to break the silence when his phone rang.

"Uhm. Hello? Jamie?"

"Gosh! Adriane are you okay?"

"Jamie, you're making it sound like someone's about to murder me"

He said while staring back at the little girl who never ceased from observing him.

"Adriane please, hinay-hinay lang"

"Akobahala. Trust me"

"Gosh. Itatakwil ako ng anak ko kapag hindi niya nagustuhan lahat ng to"

"Ha Ha. Relax Jamie. She's an angel"

"I know. Please take care you two and enjoy. But i want to thank you for doing this Adriane. It feels so good for you two to finally meet"

"It's my responsibility to do this. Don't worry, we will enjoy this date"

Adriane placed his phone on the table and leaned a little closer.

"So, what do you want to do"

"Answer my questions first"

"Oh, okay. Ano ang tanong ng prinsesa namin?'

"You like my mother or you love her? Because those are different things'

"Well, both. Pero hindi ko pa nasasabi ng straight forward sa kanya eh"

"I know. Sometimes mama tends to doubt those who say I love you on her. I feel like when I do, she doesn't feel it. Or iiwassiya"

"Don't think that way. She knows you do love her"

"Anyway second question. Is she the prettiest girl you've ever seen?"

"No"

"NO?!"

"Ahuh. She's actually just the second one. You are the first in rank"

Ayla's countenance begins to change from fierce to the gentle child that she is.

"Alright. answers accepted. We're good."

Ayla reached to to shake with his hands.

"So, you accept me naba for your mama?"

"Of course I do. Test lang kita. I know you will take care of her. Something that I cannot do. Kasi bata pa ako eh"

"And you know this kasi?"

"I prayed for it. Ikawyungdumating."

"Remind me how young you are again"

"huh?"

"Nothing. You are ang angel"

Adriane cannot contain the joy in his heart when he witnessed how genuine, lovely and fragile Ayla is. Exactly the way she was described by Jamie. Now Adriane understands Jamie as to why she is so protective of her.

"WOW!!!!!!!"

"Oh, bakit?"

"Your phone case. Ironman!"

"You like it?'

"Opo. Si ironman tsakaposi hulk!"

"Oh yeah. Nasabingang mama mo. You know what I have a collection of Ironman figures at home"

"Talaga? Pag nag-paalamakokay mama tapos pumayag siya can I go to your house?'

"Of course! One more thing, Addie my son? You will meet him soon. You'll get along pretty well"

"I can't wait! Kasi wala ako masyado kalaro"

"Don't worry. Ipagpapaalamkitakay mama okay?'

"Yey!!!!!"

"So, what do you want to do after our snack?"

"Arcade!!!"

"Alright then princess, but only after you finished your meal"

'Okay tito Adriane. By the way, thank you for making my mama smile. I've never seen her smile like that kasi eh"

"I do. Whenever she thinks and speak about you"