Chapter 18

(When was the last time you felt reality is better than your romantic dreams? When was the last time you paused, look up and thank the heavens for the air you are breathing? When all the pictures of negativity in your life become vague and irrelevant for a while. When was the last time that you smile out of nothing? When your heart is brimming with joy? If you ask me? 

Just now.

I went here at the beach for a "me time" while my daughter is having her vacation in Singapore. It's been forever since I had set foot on a sand. But God is gracious enough that He didn't just allowed a quality time for myself, but He, sent me people, someone to make this vacation meaningful. Tell you the truth, I have zero idea about the purpose of their presence in my life, but I think, It is something that will change my life.)

Lying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Checking the pucca bracelet that Adriane had bought for her when they were strolling the booths.

Blushing.

Adriane. Of all people, why does it have to be you? My life is already complicated, bakit ikaw pa?

Burrowed her face in a pillow.

Kainis! I hate how he can effortlessly make me smile!

(I used to be a calculated man. Things should be in place, organized. I don't like it when a whole thing got cracked up and stumble. Maybe that's why I had the hardest time coping up with my status with Addie. But just when I'm starting over, here it goes again. Another wave of possibilities, realities. I'm standing tall just to fall again or worse, drown.  Although it scares me, I've never viewed the ocean this way. Deep, frightening, but meaningful and terrifyingly beautiful. And this, this is a beautiful mess I'll ever get myself into. 

 Jamie, it sounds crazy this early but, you are a risk I'm willing to take. I believe God had sent you to us, to me for something I have yet to discover.)

Sitting on his father's lap beside the shore.

Dad? I like Tita Jamie

Caressing his Addie's face.

Really?

Yes. I think she's a great mom to her baby and will be a great mother again, and she's really pretty too!

Sleepy.

Do you like her too? Dad?

Yawn.

I do. I like her too. Sleep now Addie.

Watching the small waves crashing at his feet.

Smiled.

It drives the heck out of me how she, can make my heart throb like this just by her image.

Smilingly shakes his head.