Chapter 4

Pet peeve. Partying. I climb mountains, do trekking and still be entertained.

Drinks bottle of beer. Eyes roam around.

Well, if not for some good friend's invitation I probably just sit on the beach drinking all by myself. 

Observing the people.

Nakakatuwa kahit paano makakita ng mga taong ganito kakasaya. Just a thought though, no one and nothing can convince me to party like this. Pero bigla nalang may urge to come, and it is not that bad naman pala. Mukhang acoustic night nilangayon ah. Well, that's good, I need good music that would go along with this ice cold beer tonight.

Gulps.

I wonder who will sing? Hope it'll not be too loud, just like the other night. I can't stand noises right now.

Patiently waits. Staring at the stage.

Ang tagal ata? 

Smiled silly. Shakes his head.

Adriane, Adriane. Sino nanaman naisip mo bigla? You jerk. She's not here, okay? Ano naisip mo at bigla mo siyang hinahanap...

Eyes widened. Gulp.

Shit! That's her! Siyanga, damn I miss seeing her face... Is she singing? god she's still beautiful as ever.

Rubbing his hands on his lap. Restless.

Her speaking voice is enchanting but her singing voice, damn it! It is heaven hearing her sing like this. Wait, I need to act cool or my friends would notice. Sumimple ka nga lang sa pagtitig Adriane, matutunaw yan! But, but I am the whose melting now. Nakakapanghinasiya.  She's staring this way, sa akin ba siya nakatingin? Tangina, nanlalamig ba ako? 

Frantic.

Why do I feel this way? Is it weird that I am actually thinking to go up that stage, pull her hand and get out of here and scram together? 

Heart beats fast.

Ang puso ko, parang tatalon. Sasaya at kaba. Ayawpaawat. Gusto ko siyang hawakan. It's like a decade since I've seen her when in fact, halos isang taon lang. I have never wanted someone so bad like this. Bakitsiya pa?

Looked at her intimately.

Why are her eyes like that? Is she in pain? Now the more I wanted to get near her.

Snap.

Ugh! Adriane you are acting up again. Stop it. You are not a hero. She doesn't know you or will ever have an interest of knowing you. I should leave now, I need to go outside before I freaking do anything awful that would cause me shame for a lifetime.

Left the room. Punched the wooden wall. Rubbed his face.

Forget about that feeling, so impossible! You have nothing to do with her. Baka nasa tabi tabi lang ang asawa niyan mag-cause kapa ng gulo sa kakatitig mo! Yung connection na nararamdaman mo, walayan fantasies molang yan towards her because honestly sinong lalaki anghindi siyapapangarapin? Her eyes, her lips her bod... Shit! Adriane stop! Argh!

Banged his head on the wall.

I should've withdrawn by my dad! I do not deserve to live.