Chapter 47

Jamie drove off to their meeting place. Ivy, her best friend invited her to dinner. Little did Ivy know, Jamie set that dinner up with Ramil, Ivy's fiance, for a surprise.

It's seven in the evening when Jamie arrived. Wearing a golden dress for a special night for her best friend.

"Wow! ang ganda mo tonight Jamie, may pa-gold!"

"Of course! I need to dress up for this night! I wouldn't miss this for the world you know"

"Oh? Why anong meron?"

"Nothing! I just missed this dressing up thing having a date with my best friend'

"Talaga? Well, sabagay. I missed it too. When i stopped working for you and you started your business, eh hindi na tayo masyadongnagde-date"

"Pfft. Why did you even resign"

"Well, that's because you're too bossy"

"Bossy? Excuse me, diplomatic kayaako and c'mon I'm the boss you know!"

"SEE?!"

"Ha Ha oh I see your point! Wine?"

"Sure thing!"

Ivy is Jamie's first cousin. They treat each other not just the best of friends, but as sisters. She always looks after Jamie, serves as Jamie's conscience most of the time. She sets up blind dates for Jamie which leaves her cousin frustrated every time.

"So. Have you talked to Adrian?"

Jamie let down her glass of wine and took a deep breathe.

"What for?"

"To explain? I mean you left, just like that"

Pouting her mouth as her hand tilts her wine glass.

"Yup! Just like that"

"Don't you think he deserves explanation?"

"Of course!" She sarcastically smiled. "Of course he does. Adriane is a man who deserves everything"

"Then why? Why not gave it to him? Why not explain, why not say goodbye?"

She stopped tilting her glass and look at Ivy with conviction.

"Because one more minute I'd spend with him would make me stay! Viang, I have issues. He deserves everything, and that's not me"

"Yet! That's not you yet! But maybe that's just how you see yourself Jamie, because in my eyes, in your daughter's eyes and I'm sure in Adrian's eyes, your existence is more than enough. Cut yourself some slack Jamie, you are an amazing human being"

Jamie took a deep breath again. Staring at her glass of wine and drink it, hoping the after effect could mean forgetting Adrian for a while.

"Jamie, look at me"

Ivy held Jamie's chin gently.

"Seriously, Jamie, if you want to move on from everything, you MUST face everything. Including your feelings for him. You can't run from love, destiny has its funny ways to let your roads intertwined"

"Alright! Enough of me! This night is for you eh"

"What? This is our monthly dinner date no! I can say whatever I want"

"I know, but your talk show time is enough and I have a surprise for you"

"Tekaanoyan? Trip to Hawaii nabayan!"

"You're an opportunist you know that?"

"Well... Yah?! May window of opportunity naako eh ha ha ha. So what is it?

"Don't keep your hopes up woman! But I tell you this is much better"

She dialed her phone to signal Ramil to go on with his plan.

With Ivy's eyes, wondering about Jamie's somewhat anxious actions, all of a sudden a violinist played beside her table and eleven service crew approached each has carrying one rose to be given to her.

Teary eyed, Ivy is having a cold feet and her heart is pumping fast with excitement and nervousness at the same time.

"Jusko Jamie ano to?!"

When all the eleventh crew had finished giving Ivy their roses, Ramil entered the scene holding the twelfth rose. Ivy's tears burst with joy while her hands shake as her boyfriend slowly walks towards her. Ramil knelt down in front of her and reached for her hand.

"I was not able to be an escort during your high school days, junior proms and your debut. So now, honey, I am hoping and praying that you'll allow me to be your escort for the rest of your life"

Ramil gave the twelfth rose with an engagement ring attached to it.

"Will you marry me Ivy?'

"Oh my god!!!"

Ivy can't believe what she's experiencing. Her tears won't stop falling.

"Honey anuna? Nakakahiya sa video ni Jamie mamaya kumalat pa sa youtube yan"

"That's the plan Ramil!" Shouted Jamie, whose holding her phone capturing the romantic evening.

"See? Honey, will you marry me?"

"Ha Ha Ha. Yes!!! Yes! I'll marry you!"

Ramil stood up quickly and embraced Ivy as he puts the ring on her finger. While filming and standing in the corner, Jamie cannot help but cry for joy. Although she's very happy for her best friend, her thoughts flew into a cloud of "what ifs". What if it was them, her and Adriane.

Jamie left the couple to savor their engagement night. The two asked Jamie to stay longer, but Jamie refused. She took a bottle of wine with her and leave the hotel.

Inside her car, she opens up her camera roll and checked the earlier video she captured. She stumbled upon a photo, of them both. When Adriane was having fun with her. Six months ago at the beach where Adriane and she fell in love.

"Ang sakit ba Jamie? eh bakit hindi mo pa binubura?'

She kept on scrolling down their photos. Jamie tried to delete them long ago, but she cannot find a good reason to do so.

"If I can take me back to the night we met, will I avoid you totally? Would it make a difference?"

She zoomed into Adrian's smile and dimple and cannot help herself but smile.

"I wonder how you are now. Pretty sure galit ka sakin he he. But, I hope you're happy. Because you deserve that"