Chapter 41

He paddled through the calm waters while watching Jamie sits in front of her. Feeling the breeze and mesmerized by the open sea.

"Happy?"

Adriane suddenly asked.

Jamie looked at him and smiled.

"Yes, salamatdito kahit medyo black mail to ha"

"Ha Ha grabe siya. Pero bakit parang worry face parin?"

She breathed in and out.

"Eto kasi yung mas nakakatakot eh. Yung kalma lang, parang ang saya lang. Pero hindi mo alam sa ilalim may mga nagbabadyang panganib na, na any moment, pwedeng sumalakay sayo. O sa taas, ngayon maaliwalas, pero bigla nalang magdidilim, babagyo na pala."

"I understand. That's how I felt towards you, even until now"

"Adriane, talaga?"

"Yes. Being with you, talking to you, able to touch you and kiss you? Sobrang sureal, parang totoo na hindi. Pero dahil masaya, dahil masarap, tumuloy ako. Para sa isang babaeng tulad mo, masyado kalmado ang lahat, nakakatakot baka biglang bumagyo, tumakbo ka palayo o baka nga may halimaw ha ha ha, at kunin ka palayo sakin."

"Ang deep mo ngayon ah. Sa akin kapanatakot ah"

"Because we both know how a man with a plan I am, and you are a wave that suddenly crashed over me. Sobrang unconsistent ng timing hindi ko alam saan tatama."

"So, are you still willing to persue me knowing how unpredictable my waves are?"

"Yeah! Like I said before, no one can ever be ready for something, you just have to be willing"

"Oh boy you are willing to be wet"

"Ah ganun!!!!"

"Adriane anoba!!!!"

"Wet pala ah!!!'

Adriane started to mock Jamie and wiggle the boat.

"Stop Adriane anoba!"

The boat turned over and the two plunged into the water.

"Adriane!!!!!!!"

"Ano????"

He slowly surfaced inch away infront from her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You're crazy you know that?"

"Liking it?"]

She smiled and teased him.

"Probably"

She pulled him closer and kissed his lips.

"Adriane?"

Jamie asked in whisper while they lye inside the boat facing the light of the peeking stars.

"Why now? I mean, bakit ngayon ka nag-decide to pursue me?"

"Because if I ignore the moment, I might be disregarding the only chance of being with you. And I know it'll suck kapag nangyari yon. Ako na pinakatanga."

"Thank you"

She said, her hand placed on his chest.

"For?"

He asked as he gently stares at her eyes. His hands caressing her cold shoulders resting on his arms.

"For knowing my worth"

He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"You are worth it"