Chapter 55

Silence fell between them as Adriane focused himself on the road. Jamie steals glances of him while he drives. Few minutes more Adriane parked the car behind the restaurant on a ridge where Jamie had her wine few nights ago.

He stepped out the car. His hands on his waist while he tried to breathe deeply. Jamie remained in the car and observed how Adriane walked back and forth in front of the car. When she can't stand the waiting, she stepped out to confront Adriane.

"So what now? Huh? Adriane? You blackmailed me only for you to just be silent now."

"I don't know Jamie"

"What? Anong you don't know? So what is this a joke you're pulling off?"

"It's not okay!"

"Then what? Speak up!"

"I don't know where to start!"

She inhaled and paused for a second.

"Then maybe you can start yelling at me. Galit ka sakin diba? Murahin mo na ako! Point your fingers at me and be done with it already"

"Why do you always have to get ahead of everything?"

"Because you won't speak!!"

"If I do, will it make you stay? Kasi if I can recall everything I did and said made you ran away. So Jamie, I don't know where to start. Knowing you, at the end of this baka mawala ka ulit, lumayo ka ulit."

"What do you want me to do?!!!"

"Fight for me? Because I am fighting for you. Kahit hindi ko naiintindihan lahat kung bakit mo ginawa yun still, I want to fight for you, for what I know we have"

Jamie's tears start to fall from her eyes.

"Adriane"

"If you can, please let me understand. Please accept me. Please acknowledge my presence. Hayaan mo akong pakinggan ka. Don't run away from me!"

"Adriane. I've seen my child suffered when she's abandoned by her father. It pains me to hear and see Addie crying out the same pain as Ayla did."

"You think I will abandon my son?"

"Of course not! I just don't want to be that someone who causes pain to a child. Hindi ko kayang mapareho sa taong nanakit sa anak ko."

"But you know Addie likes you. Mahal ka niya Jamie. And you are not like your ex! Not one bit!"

"I know. Kaya nga mas masakit. Ayokong saktan si Addie. Having me might cause a division of your quality time with him. Ayoko non. Ayoko non Adriane, I saw it. I felt it through my daughter. I don't want Addie's adoration of me be gone. Hindi ko kakayanin."

Jamie's tears poured down like endless rain in September. Her sobbing is like that of a child who was left unheard of. Her heart beats faster, louder.

Adriane held her tight. Caress her hair while he embraced her shaking figure.

"It's painful Adriane."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry Jamie"

He held her face and looked at her pleadingly.

"Jamie, I'm sorry if you had to remember the pain because of me."

"No! It's not your fault. I'm sorry if I'm making you feel that it was yours but no."

"Jamie, listen. I still want this. I still need this. After everything I had been through, or yours don't you think pinagtagpotayo para mataposlangdito? Naniniwala akong nagsisimula palang tayo. Si Addie, you know him. He is just a child. He will have to endure some pain, kailangan niyang mag-adjust. Just like what Ayla did. But we will guide them both and make sure we will do it out of love. Naniniwala akong pinaranassaatinng Dyos ang mga bagay, para maibahagisakanila ang kahulugan nito." "I know how protective of youpag dating kay Ayla, and I know you're doing just the same for Addie. But can we do it together? Please let us do this together."

Adriane wipes Jamies tears and kissed her forehead. Jamie nods in agreement and finally succumb to his loving arms. They embraced as if it's the very first time. Those six months had vanished when again love drew near them.

Adriane was about to kiss her lips when she pushed him.

"Adriane, wait!"

"What?"

"May problemaatatayo"

"Huh? Agad?'

Jamie bit her lips and charmingly revealed the thought.

"Si Ayla. Kailangan daw muna niyang makilala kung may manliligawsakin"

"susss!" He smiled widely, "Yun lang! Ako ang bahala"

"Talaga ah! Anonggagaiwnmo?'

"Basta"

"Anonga?"

"Bastanga. Wag mong idivert ang attention ko, hindi mo ako maiisahan. Now where's that luscious lips I've been longing to kiss?"

"Ang landi mo parin"

"You need to pay for torturing me for six months"

"So kasalananko nga" she teases

"Yes ma'am" he whispered

He slowly put his mouth on her lips and start to kiss her passionately. A kiss of love long had been waiting to release its intimacy.