Chapter 50

For the past six months Adrian kept himself busy. Although left feeling undeserving and unwanted, Adrian has hopes that one day he'll be enlighten as to why things had to happen.

He tried to hide his frustrations from the public eye. Especially to his son Adi that felt he's the one to be blamed for his Tita Jamie's disappearance.

Adriane had spent more quality time with his son. To him, it is far more worthy to do than to wallow on things he himself cannot explain.

One night Wena and Steve invited him over for dinner. It is not farfetched that the couple would ask about Jamie. So Adrian always has his way of escaping the subject.

"Tulogna?" Wena asked Adrian. He makes sure that Adi is asleep before he heads home.

"Yep! And snoring'

"Good to have you for dinner bro. Adi misses you a lot" Steve said while holding a bottle of beer.

"No problem bro. And salamat. You still make me a part of Adi's life"

"You are his father in his heart, hindinamaaalis yon bro.'

"Still, thank you"

"So! Have you heard from her?"

"Who?" He asked in doubt

"Sus! May iba pa ba?"

"Marami!"

"Palusotnanaman"

"I have to go. May duty pa ako"

"Oh yeah keep on avoiding Adrian. Love is something you cannot escape when it hits you, you know!"

"Yah Yah Yah"

He left and went his way to work.

It's midnight and Adrian is busy at work. Wena and Steve's words earlier lingered in his mind. He pulled off his phone to check on something.

"Paano nga ba naman kita makakalimutan? Kahit amoy mo hindi ko nga makalimutan eh"

"At sinongnilolokomo Adrian? Siya lang, Siya parin eh. Sa kanya ka lagi bumabalik"

He stared at Jamie's photo that he took using his phone. He took a deep breath while looking at one of his favorite stolen pictures of her.

Suddenly it rained. Adrian went outside and noticed his crew is helping out the leaving customer.

"Jason, may iba pa ba?"

"Meron sir kaka-alis lang po."

Adrian checked outside and saw someone trying her best to get to her car. He grabbed an umbrella and followed the lady and offer some help.

He was able to catch up with the lady when she suddenly turned around and bumped into him. Seconds of pause, when he cannot believe who stumbled upon him. That someone whose he's been trying to deny in his mind for the past six months. And after a long time. He heard again the voice that can make his heart melt no matter how frozen it is.

"A... Adriane?"