1758: Strength To Survive

Clara

A letter sent by Clara to Jacob in 1755

My darling Jacob,

I miss you Jacob! My thoughts have been nothing but you. I've not seen you since you left to find Evie. Since you've left, mother has promised me to another man! I wanted to wait until you returned but I hadn't heard from you.

The man I'm promised to is a lovely man. I think he is, he's kind, caring and everything a well brought up gentleman looks like. However, he's rather dull and boring. He has no sense of adventure but he is rich and that's what appeals him to mother.

I hope we meet again before that day. I'd do anything to be your wife.

Love your Clara

Present day

"Jacob!" I smiled when I saw him walking up the stairs of my lodging. "Jacob, when did you get back?" I ran out of the door and jumped on him hugging him tightly. "You took your time, once again you just made it." I whispered as a single tear fell down my cheek.

Jacob pulls away looking down at me, we had such a height difference. "I told you I'll be back before your wedding." Jacob smirks, pulling me close. "I will always come back to you." I smiled as I leaned my head further into his hand, as he began to stroke my face. "Am I too late?" He asked, I shook my head pushing him towards the wall. "What's wrong?" Jacob asked as I placed a finger on his lips to shut him up.

"No." I smiled. "Never, but you've cut it a bit close." I giggle.

"Yeah I know! I had a job to do." He chuckles, placing his hand on my waist. "Can I convince you to spend the night with me?" Jacob smirked, I knew what he was thinking. "Come with me." He chuckled as he grabbed my hand and we ran downstairs and out of the building.

"Jacob, where are we going?" I asked as we both continued to run down the street. "Jacob?" I asked again, as a slight giggle left my mouth.

We ended up besides a wall in an alley and Jacob slammed me against the wall as he did I let out a moan. "Ah." I looked at Jacob and within seconds his lips were against mine.

This was intense. I pulled back. "So you do love me." He chuckles, touching my face with his finger tips. "I love you Jacob."

"I've always loved you Clara." He smiles pulling me back in attaching our lips. Jacob's hands roamed my body. "Jacob, I want you," I whispered, as he pulled back and faced me. "I want you to take it from me." I continued, and he looked surprised.

"Don't you want to wait for your wedding night?" He asked.

"No, I want you." I whispered against his lips. "Take me, Jacob." Jacob pulled away and grabbed my hand.

"Come on." I smiled and took his hands and we began rushing across town in the rain. We would have been the only people who were enjoying the rain, everyone else was running away or under shelter.

It's these things that made me fall in love with Jacob. Whenever he wasn't doing missions, we'd run in the rain! It's London, it's always raining. These things isn't what Ruben my fiancé does.

———

After jumping into a haystack, Jacob and I just sat here looking at one another under the light of the street lamp. "I love you Jacob." I whispered as I caressed his hand with my thumb, with his free hand, he caressed my cheek, pulling in for a kiss.