1776: If I can't have you, no one can Florence.

Haytham
I woke up with Florence in my arms. I smile watching her sleep, she has her back against me. I moved her hair from her neck and kissed her cheek, before removing my arm. I sat up yawning, then looked towards the window, last night Benedict made his presence felt and annoyed me.

I climbed out of bed and went towards the window. I opened it and saw he wasn't there, I smiled at the sight. I looked down and saw Jacob and Patrick with their younger cousins. "Morning Haytham." I nodded in return, I must admit waking up later than four in the morning was a nice treat, it must be noon by now.

If I'm honest Florence and I hadn't gone to bed early. We were still embracing one another by the dawn, I chuckled as I remembered last night. "Haytham?" I turn and see Florence reaching out for me. "Come back to bed, it's freezing." I chuckled, before making my way towards her. "I thought last night was a dream." I climbed on top of her. "We did spend the night?" I leaned my forehead against hers.

"Yes." I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers. "We did, precious." Florence pulled me down and I laid above her. "I don't know if I can wait until our wedding night Haytham," Florence whispers against my lips. "Don't make me." I leaned back, but she held me close. 

"I can't dishonour you like that Florence." I shook my head as she continued to run her hands along my arms. "I couldn't." I sat up beside her. "Believe me I want to Florence, I want to so badly, but I'm a gentleman I don't want you to think you're my whore." Florence giggled, forcing me to look at her. 

"I want you to treat me like a wife is meant to be treated." I paused, looking confused. "What I mean my love." I leaned back leaning against my palms. "I want a love like Papa and Mama, they were and have been in love since their first meeting, it was love at first sight," I smirked, remembering when I found out about them. "They're represented perfectly in public but behind closed doors, they're equals, they're a couple who love each other and don't hurt one another." I nodded, I've never seen them fight physically, I've heard them fuck and it's not pleasant. "I just want that kind of love, their love is like Romeo and Juliet. Mama used to tell Jacob and myself stories when we were children about them and their adventures." 

"I promise you, my love, you will want to wait for us." I climbed on top of her. "I want you as my wife before we do anything like that." I placed my hand on her cheek, forcing her to look at me. "However, I want and need those lips right now." Florence smiled, as our lips connected. 

Shay
Evie and I sat beside Liam, neither one of us slept last night. Evie held Liam's hand as I leaned against the window watching them. "I remember when you told me you were carrying him," I whispered, it was loud enough to catch Evie's attention. 

"Liam would have been proud to have known him" Evie responded, kissing Liam's hand. "Are we still doing the ball tonight?" I sighed, I had to. "I don't think I can, not while Liam is like this." 

"I have to, I have to! It's the king's wishes and with Liam like this, I can't afford to get out of prison." I heard a chuckle from Liam. "Buddy?" I rushed towards Liam, wanting to hold him in my arms.

"You'd kill everyone in their papa." Liam chuckles again, I never thought I'd miss his cheekiness.

"My boy, oh god son." I carefully touched his face, as Evie smiled and had tears falling down her cheeks. "Oh god, I'm so glad you're alright." He smiled a soft smile, I was just grateful that he was still alive, I didn't want to bury any of my children, ever. 

"Benedict?" He whispered, I shook my head as I faced my wife. "Please kill him for Florence's sake." I nodded, and I vowed that I'd kill him for what he did to my child. "Also please attend the ball tonight, I don't want to come visit you in prison." The cheekiness of my youngest boy wasn't gone and I was grateful that he came through this with all his mannerisms.