Chapter 4: Two Blondes and a Brunette

Cady enters her dorm room. She is a little sweaty and haggard at this point from all the running around.

"Where did you come from Cady? And like, what is that god awful smell?" Gloria asks Cady, as she fans her nose with her right hand.

"She smells like that seafood restaurant," Latoya tells Gloria as she gets up from her bed and laughs.

"Am I late girls? Let me just freshen up a bit and I should be good to go." Cady tells the girls.

Latoya then approaches Cady. She grabs her arm and lets her have a seat beside the empty bed.

"Make overtime," Latoya says.

Without any reluctance, Cady agrees to Latoya's idea.

Gloria tells Cady to relax as they have all the time in the world to get done. Cady sits down on the edge of the unused bed. Latoya then looks at Cady and says "Did you hear the good news? Some dorm rooms will have only 3 people in it instead of four this year."

"Why? What happened?" Cady asks. At this point, Latoya grabs a clean fragrant wettish towel and pats it on Cady's skin.

Cady thinks to herself that maybe it has something to do with the missing bus. Her guess is right as Latoya begins to tell Cady about the bus incident and that the bus never returned. She then thanks all the gods that they did not have to room in with any girl from Golf.

"How is that a good thing?" Cady asks.

"It's a good thing because we have more room for ourselves." Latoya answers.

"Didn't you guys have the same girl from Golf, your roommate before?" Cady asks Gloria and Latoya.

"Ew, no way!" Latoya tells Cady in disgust.

Gloria then explains to Cady that the school does not allow anyone to be roommates with the same girls each year nor from the same city.

"It is part of a program in the school that enforces people to hang out and make friends with different kinds of people from different cities." Gloria explains.

"So why are you two Echo girls roommates then? Is this a glitch in the system?" Cady asks the two.

"Cady, you are so funny. I'm popular, remember. The Echo girls are popular. We can influence the school's staff to at least allow two Echo girl in one room." Gloria tells Cady with great conviction then confidently poses from head to toe as if she is a model and that all eyes are on her.

Latoya laughs at the confidence of Gloria's action.

"And Gloria has Mr. Smith, one the school admin staff falling for her. So that helps us have the same room together." Latoya jokes around.

"So you were roommates ever since?" Cady asks.

"Well I'm a second year and Gloria's a third year. We started being roommates only last school year." Latoya mentions.

"Ya and judging how weird my first-year dorm life was with no other Echo girl to talk to in the room I finally had to force the admin to put me with another Echo girl," Gloria says.

"I see. So you two became roommates and became best friends ever since?" Cady asks.

"We knew each other ever since. My mom is a wealthy jewelry designer and Gloria's mom is a talent manager. They are strong and powerful women in our city and it is only fitting that their daughters are best friends." Latoya answers.

"We have Janice. She's part of our group. She's a cheerleader. Her family bought her an apartment nearby so she could live alone. As a matter of fact, we just came from there. I'm sure you'll get to see her tomorrow. She's just with her boyfriend tonight." Gloria says.