Chapter 11: Serenade

After a long and exhausting day Cady and Doris head towards the boys dormitory. Today is after all the day that the girls are given the go signal to go back to their dormitory. Cady and Doris decide to get their things from their friend's rooms. As the two girls go through the path leading to the male dormitory, Doris is still excited about their adventure in the principal's office.

"I loved our cool adventure, this makes me want to join the campus journalism club even more. Hmm, me as a journalist. I always wondered about that." Doris explains to Cady as she claps her hands excitedly.

"That's a great idea Doris, I will always help you." Cady smiles as she tells her friend this.

"Thanks Cady". Doris replies, giving Cady a warm hug.

While Cady and Doris walk, they pass by a drinking fountain. Doris then asks Cady to wait for her as she gets a sip of water. After that the two girls continue to walk.

"So Cady, what do you think about our new friends? I like them a lot. I should have asked them for their numbers. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get a chance to see them in campus again pretty soon or I can just stalk them." Doris says.

"Ya, you can always start at the detention room." Cady jokes.

Doris giggles to this but then continues to talk about other things. They approach the male dormitory. To their surprise there is not a lot of activity around the area and in it. The girls are so use to the loud sound of boys running up and down the hallways and making all sorts of sounds. While they were at detention people must have left or gone somewhere.

"So what do you think about that Alpha guy? I think he is really strange and mysterious." Doris asks Cady.

Cady becomes interested in the topic all of a sudden but doesn't want Doris to notice it too much.

"I am not sure actually."Cady replies.

Cady hopes that Doris is oblivious to the fact that she's blushing unintentionally. With nothing to respond, maybe she is.

In the boys dormitory, Cady is slightly worried that there might be some rambunctious boys that they might encounter but it seems that there are barely anyone there and the guys that were there were mostly studying.

On the way to Hayden's room, the two girls hear some sounds. It seems like there is some sort of band playing. As they approached the hallway the sound is getting louder and louder. It seemed to be coming from Hayden's room. The girls open his door and the music instantly stops.

"Hey guys" Cady greets Hayden, Ronald and Murdoch.

"Hey" The boys replied back.

As Cady observes the room, she sees Murdoch on the drums, Ronald using some sort of bass guitar and Hayden with a black guitar.

"Wow, I didn't know you guys were going to play today." Cady tells the boys.

"Well, it was unexpected actually, since there was a big dodge ball game hosted by a few Alpha boys, most of the guys went to the campus Colosseum to watch it." Hayden tells Cady.

"We were suppose to go too, but then we realized that we could have this time to rehearse for the talent show that's coming up a few months from now". Murdoch tells the girls.

"Practicing early, that's good. So, Let me hear you guy". Cady tells the boys smilingly.

"Sorry Cady, we're not that good yet. We want it to be a surprise for now". Ronald tells her.

"Oh, I see. Well hopefully I get to hear you guys play before the big event". Cady requests as she looks at all the boy.

After a few moments, Doris goes near her brother. Cady observes that her companion is very tired, strangely enough, she wasn't at all.