Chapter 22: Magic School Bus

As the bus travels back into to the City of Delta. Everyone seems defeated. All the girls seem down, it was like they failed miserably. Renee is the most emotional from the group. Cady notices her five rows in front of her, crying her heart out as she leans on Ronald's shoulder, whom Renee is not even fond of.

Cady and Hayden sit on the back by themselves. Even if Cady feels a little frightened on whatever Gloria has in store for her in the future, she felt contented that she is out of Gloria's control and that she has a great friend beside her. The two manage to crack a smile or two as they watch Murdoc and Celery really smooching each other like there is no tomorrow. They even talk about Kathleen a little which Cady told him that it is okay.

Everything is going well, they travelled out of the Gates of Echo and there were not as many decays as they were expecting. As they travelled along, the bus was starting to get lively, everyone forming their own group talking about a different topic. As people were talking and giggling, Yan Bingbing's boyfriend screams hysterically. Everyone begins to focus on him as Yan Bingbing devours him.

"Shit! his bitten! his bitten!" The driver yells as he stops the bus.

The driver is about to attack Yan, when she jumps on him and bites a good portion of his neck. As quickly as he got attacked, Yan Bingbing's boyfriend quickly reanimates himself and begins to grab the nearest person. He reaches for Savannah Rae but as he tugs her arm, Savannah's date breaks her loose causing him to get bitten in the hand.

"Guys save yourselves." He yells out.

As these events happened in the front. Hayden and Ronald had already pulled down the hatch from the center of bus. They began letting the girls go up first. Renee, Celery and Cady go up quickly. Soon after, Murdoc goes up pulling the hysterical Savannah Rae up with him. Not long, Ronald begins to climb up as well. From above, everyone could here the screams coming from inside the bus.

"Where's Hayden? Hayden!" Cady begins to yell out from above.

A sort of panic begins to fill Cady's heart. She tough fens up, she grabs the nearest thing in front of her, a metal rod and was about to go down the hatch. As she does, Ronald tries to stop her and blocks her from passing.

"Sorry Cady, I doing this for you" Ronald tells her.

"I have to save him." Cady yells out as she tries to break loose.

"Stop it Cady" Ronald tells her.

"Let me go!"

Cady manages to break free from Ronald. When she manages to go near the hatch, She sports Hayden climbing up. She quickly assists him up. Renee joins in and assist her to pull the teenage boy up.

"Who else is down there?" Cady asks Hayden.

"I'm not sure. It was chaotic. I tried to rescue Margot and her boyfriend but it turned out he was already bitten. As I tried to escape with Margot, He tried to bite me." Hayden yells out, clearly exhausted from his struggle.

"Margot!" Renee yells out.

Ronald and Murdoc quickly try to assist but apparently Margot was bleeding everywhere. Her beautiful lavender dress was covered with red stains. She tries to climb up the hatch but one of the decays bites her heel and begins to drag her down. She cries out a painful screech as tears of sorrow fall from her eyes. She falls down hard on her back, being devoured by the decays.

Bang! a gunshot was heard. Hayden began to shoot the decays straight in the head without missing. It seems that he managed to pull out one of the guns from the supplies stashed all over the roof of the bus. Bang! Bang! he shoots more of them as they try to climb the hatch.