Chapter 7: Auditorium

The four girls leave fashionably early to attend the induction of the school. Gloria tells them that it is a must to attend, even if she believes that they would be mixing with common people. Gloria then tells Latoya to tell some other Echo girls to reserve them seats. Cady can know very well see that Gloria has so many connections.

"So how is this induction like? Shouldn't we have attended it early so as to know what we have to learn" Cady asks.

"Ha-ha. I love you girl. I never thought I would ever see such a worrywart in our group before." Janice tells her.

"Cady, the induction is usually very late to start. The school requires a certain number of students to fill in the seats before they start the event." Gloria says.

Everyone is finally ready. Janice calls a city cab to take them to their school even if it was very close. They arrive to the auditorium late and like what Gloria said the event has not started yet and this is the time that they mingled around with the other students. To Cady's surprise, the seats were all black except for a few seats at the front that are meant for the VIP's of the school and good three rows of sets with purple coverings that were meant for some Echo people.

"Cady, we sit there." Latoya tells Cady pin pointing the purple covered seats.

"Why do we have special treatments?" Cady asks.

"Because, our families paid good money for this school. We deserve the best sets in the house. Honestly the seats in the front are for lame people. I mean who wants to attend these boring events sitting in the front." Gloria tells her.

As they continue to talk and socialize a lot of people were slowly coming in to get a seat. Gloria decides that its time for her to sit at the very middle of the reserved seats. See seems to call out Janice's name first followed by Latoya's. The two girls seem to know where they had to sit. Janice sits on her right side, signifying that she is Gloria's right hand woman and Latoya on her left being the third in command. Then Gloria calls out Cady's name to sit next to Latoya being the fourth.

"Cady, this is such an honor that you have been called. Fourth is such a great number." Latoya tells her as she sits on the very comfortable cushioned seat.

For the other reserved seats, they were left empty until Gloria starts to call out names asking a girl to sit on the reserved seats. As she calls on a name, Gloria would pinpoint on where they have to sit.

"Ha-ha. I wonder whose going to be cut." Janice says as she looks at the girls being called.

"Latoya, what does Janice mean by being cut?" Cady asks.

"We'll girl, since you have taken a seat with us. One of the popular girls would be thrown out. Outcasted away from us girls." Latoya says.

Cady feels bad that she has taken a seat from a girl. She wants to find Hayden and the rest and sit with them to remove the pressure of this new found popular group. Cady keeps a bag on her shoulder which has Renee's pink clothes inside, She never forgot about returning it in the room after the induction. Latoya however holds her arm as they continue to look at the girls that get cut.

After the last girl is called. Janice laughs at the fact that someone gets cut from the reserved seats.

"Erica Tang. I knew it would be her." Janice says as she giggles.

Meanwhile the rest of the Echo girls that were called were very happy to make the cut. They thank Gloria for keeping them and offer her gifts of all kinds. They offer her cosmetics and some rare items that were hard to find. Gloria of course had everything she wants so she passes the gifts on to Janice, Latoya and Cady.