Chapter 16: WHIESIE

Saturday has arrived. Its the moment all the other Echo students have been talking about. Its the day Cady is finally going to the Walled City of Echo. Cady and Latoya have been preparing for a few hours already. They are having their hair done, their manicured nails dried, all they have to is to put on their dresses and put some makeup on. Latoya suggests that they put on some smokey eye makeup and put on their angel snob lipsticks on. As Latoya assists Cady on her makeup, she begins to talk about how Gloria is so lucky and perfect. Gloria is good academically, She has a good modeling and acting career and now her boyfriend Travis has already escorted her to the Walled City of Echo with his personal car. Cady is a little sad that the two are back together but she is happy for her friend and her happy relationship.

After Cady is done with her makeup. She goes to the bathroom to wear her royal blue dress that her mother bought for her. She begins to remember about leaving the Walled City of Bravo without saying goodbye to her mom. Cady comes out of the bathroom stunningly, she looks very classy with everything on point.

"Oh my goodness Cady, you look beautiful. This is what I like love about Gloria's party. The big reveals are amazing." Latoya says as she snaps her fingers.

"Thanks, you look great too." Cady replies, looking at the girl with the maroon dress.

"Alright, I think we are done. Let's just spray ourselves with this expensive perfume and we're off." Latoya tells her as she holds a heavy bottle of a campaign colored liquid.

Cady and Latoya start to wear a great set of pumps. Gloria seems to have bought them these shoes the day before so that they could look their best. As they go down the hallway, Cady notices some of their dorm-mates staring at them, looking either sad or frustrated at them. They party is exclusive to popular students only, so only a handful are selected which makes a lot of the other girl upset. Cady and Latoya makes it to the lobby were it seems most of the invited guests are meeting up.

"Okay Cady, I'll just mingle a bit, you'll be alright on your own, right?" Latoya asks.

Cady nods her head and with that Latoya goes to the crowd and starts to socialize. Cady is left alone, she feels slightly awkward as she does not see any of her usual Echo girl friends there. It is clear to Cady that most of the guests are from the Walled City of Echo. Cady grabs her phone to call Hayden from her pocket, which is camouflaged by a few ruffles. Her mom made sure that the dress is not only beautiful but also convenient for Cady.

"Hi Hayden. Where are you guys?" Cady asks.

"We're already walking, We'll be there in a couple of minutes." Hayden replies.

"See you soon." Cady says and with that she closes her phone and puts it back in to her pocket.

As Cady looks into the crowd, she notices Renee looking amazing, wearing a beautiful pale pink dress. She looks flawless and if that is not all, she is holding hands with Cory Wayne wearing a black tuxedo. Although the couple are not from Echo, they look like the couple to beat when it comes to their looks.

Cady feels a little uneasy. She is waiting for Hayden, Ronald, and Murdoch to arrive. It is a shame that Alex and Doris are not able to come as they are going to do some extra work on some project they were assigned to do for professors Tara's class the following week. As Cady waits, someone tapa her shoulder.

"Cady? You're Cady Williams?" A beautiful girls asks.

Cady observes this beautiful white skinned girl with the blackest of hair. The girl is charming to look at, her lovely blue eyes with her powder blue dress complements each other.

"Hello, Yes, I'm Cady, and you are?" Cady replies.

"I'm Celery Green. Nice to meet you." Celery introduces herself with such warmth.