Chapter 13: City Hall

Cady wakes up from her phone alarm. She looks at her phone and it indicates that it is 5:30 in the morning. She then tells herself that she will adjust the alarm for another fifteen more minutes, as she is still very tired. She then continues to sleep again.

During her decent she remembers things she did the day before, from talking to Latoya about a conditioner the she is using that works magic on her dry blonde hair. Cady then remembers her phone conversation with her mother, She asked for Cady to go and visit home. After her thought through her mind, Cady's mind goes blank.

Cady wakes up due to the suns glare hitting her eyes. She wakes up and looks at her time. It is already 7:16 in the morning. Cady gasps and jumps out of her bed. She then looks around the room to find Latoya and Gloria stretching their backs as they lay down on their purple yoga mats.

"What happened to my alarm?" Cady asks.

"You're alarm was so loud, so I turned it off" Gloria tells Cady as she stretches her legs.

Cady is slightly bothered by what Gloria did but did not allow Gloria to know.

"I guess it's okay, but now I really just have to change quickly and get on my way to the City Hall" Cady says.

Two days ago, Cady had a phone call from her parents. They mentioned that they have great news for her and that it would be a good time for her to pick up her new dress that her mother bought for Gloria's party.

Natalie instructed Cady if she could go to the City Hall and arrange her papers for her trip back home. As everyone needed a Travelers passport when they travelled to each city. Cady was able to go to Delta on behalf of the school but somehow along the way it seemed that her paper work was all messed up and that she needed to get a booklet for one.

Cady needs to get a police clearance to make sure she has no criminal records during her stay in Delta. She needed a medical certificate that serves as proof that she is healthy and lastly, a school clearance which was issued by the School of Delta the day before.

Once she completes all of those requirements she would be handed a Travelers passport which she could use to travel to any city.

Cady tried asking Gloria and Latoya on how to get all those, however the two did not seem to know or care at all. They must have forgotten how to apply years ago on how the process works.

It is a good thing that Cady's history professor helped her a bit on how to get her school clearance. She is even given a day off from school just so she can complete the rest of her requirements. Having no knowledge of the process she asked Josefa for advise, yesterday. Josefa, even if she is not really Cady's friend, could not resist the fact that she was asked for help. Josefa chatted away and gave every single detail on how to get her police clearance, medical certificate and lastly her traveller's passport.

"Well it seems like you have your school clearance already, that's good news. You have to show it to whoever is going to fix your paperwork. It's a good thing you have it because it would speed things up since they would know that your in the very first intercity school.

Once you present it to them, you would go into a quick process of health examinations and the works to get your police clearance and medical certificate. Once you're done with that, they would call your name and hand you your traveller's passport.

It's actually a quick process, but I would suggest you to go early if you want to finish faster, now if you don't mind, I need to study." Josefa tells Cady.

Cady goes to the bathroom and takes a quick bath, She comes out with a white polo shirt and a dark skintight denim. She then pushes back her hair and ties it into a ponytail. She grabs one of Gloria's white handbag and puts her stuff inside. Cady's clothes looks very casual but nevertheless, her beauty is so striking that if ever no one knew who she was, she could be mistaken as an Echo girl.