Chapter 1: From the Walled City of Bravo to the Walled City of Delta

On the evening of June 7th just before the day high school starts, Cady is on the phone chatting with her cousin Autumn who is at the Walled City of Alpha where her father is being taken care of in the same hospital he works in. Even with all their fear of the unknown, one about her school life to be and the other about her father, the two girls really bonded that night even if they had not seen each other for several years.

"How's Uncle Tim?" Cady asks.

"He's not doing so good but I hope he gets better." Autumn tells her as her throat tightened as if it is hard for her to speak up.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Cady answers.

"We'll enough about me Cady, I want to know more about your acceptance at 'The School of Delta.' Gosh, I thought I would be the first one to tell you all about it." Autumn says as she is a year older than Cady but since her father is unwell, Autumn has to make due in studying at a school in the Walled City of Alpha.

"I really don't know what to say. All I know is that my interview with them went well. A person went to my house, interviewed my parents and I, the next thing I knew I got a phone call about being accepted." Cady tells her.

"Hopefully, when my father gets better we can see each other again." Autumn tells Cady.

"I'm sure you will." Cady says comfortingly.

"Cady, I know I haven't said this to you before but can you keep a secret?" Autumn says reluctantly.

"Sure, what is it?" Cady asks.

"Did you see Hayden Stout recently? I know he goes to that school." Autumn says as she giggles. This is the very first time in a long while that Cady hears her cousin giggle in a long time.

"No. I haven't. I have never seen him in years." Cady replies to her cousin as she begins to remember the good time she had growing up with him.

"Well tell him I said hi if you have a chance to see him." Autumn says.

"You like him don't you?" Cady asks.

"Ya, I went to Bravo recently for some medical paperwork and I saw him at the bus station. I know it is him. I had a crush on him almost forever." Autumn says as she reveals her love for him.

"Now I know why you always forced us to go play with the Stouts when we were younger." Cady says as she begins to connect things from her past.

"Yes, don't you see it one day. Mr. and Mrs. Stout. A match made in heaven. If you ever see him, promise you would help me win him over." Autumn says.

"Promise." Cady replies.

The two continue to talk until Cady starts to take her sleeping pills to help her sleep. As what she can recall based on their conversation, they talked about the times they were together, the adventures and games they had. Not long after, Cady falls asleep dreaming about high school life and her adventures with Autumn.

A loud repeating ring from her phone wakes up Cady from sleep. She checks the time on her phone, it's 5:30 am. She manages to see the time with her squinted newly awakened eyes. She mumbles a weak "ugh" and says to herself "15 more minutes", after all she did have a hard time sleeping due to the excitement going through her mind.

In the ten Walled Cities of the World kids are taught at home by their parents. The parents are instructed to give each of them the basics of all subject or they could join a community school where parent volunteers would teach them a high leveled form of teachings as well as survival skills. When the kids reach a certain age they are automatically taught the same subjects at a higher level as well as the basic teaching of what the City has to offer. For Cady, since she is living at The Walled City of Bravo, her destiny is to become a professional on the medical field. However, this has changed. The Walled City of Delta opened up a school that allowed selected students from all over the ten Walled Cities to enter their school and allow the high school children to choose their own destiny.