Chapter 23: Talents

A week later, the whole incident is all that everyone in school talks about. A news report about the bus and the casualties were featured in the City of Delta though the school managed to hide the identities of the survivors. It is another hit for the school yet the principal including the Delta City mayor had tried to redirect the blame, saying that the incident did not happen in school grounds. They provided legal documents and proofs of all kinds to protect the schools reputation.

Cady by this time is very bothered. Though no one knew who the survivors were, a lot of students already has rumors that she is one of them. It was sometimes annoying to her that random people would just go up to her and ask for her opinion about the incident. As for her social life, it became slightly smaller. Gloria sold her mansion then lived a couple blocks away to a new apartment building near the campus, leaving the dormitory for good, Latoya would have fallowed but chose to stay with Cady. The Echo girls of her class refused to talk to her. Gloria made sure that none of them should talk to her.

Instead of thinking of all her problems, Cady focused more on solving the murder cases and her duties on the talent show. This punishment did not feel like a punishment to Cady though.

The Talent show committee assigned Cady a part as of the staff who were in charge of the backstage. She will be assigned to press buttons which allowed the stage curtains to open and close. She together with Latoya, Celery and Kathleen had similar tasks. Michael and Jasper has to work on more manual labor, working the backstage and carrying things in and out of the stage. Luckily for Hayden, Murdoc and Ronald being part of the talent that would participate in the talent show had no involvement in the backstage.

It's the talent show night, this is it. Cady has been waiting for this night for so long. It was nice to have something else to think about instead of all the bullying, deaths and her bite. A lot

______________

The talent show started very slow, in fact there were a lot of boo's heard from the audiences when some of the contestants did their acts. Some of the contestants showed their skills in juggling, magic tricks or ever even stand up comedy. There were a couple that were not bad but it did not meet the standards that the audience were looking for, even some of the teachers who showed their support to their student's seemed slightly bored. Everything started to change when a group of Echo girls started to go up the stage. They were third year students but not at all like Gloria, they had edgy haircuts and wore the most wildest rock star get up.

Principal Scarlett starts to go up the stage and introduces the winner of the previous talent contest 'Though Liquor'. She wanted them to play as guest singers for this nights contest and to hopefully change the atmosphere of this almost disastrous talent contest.

As the band goes up the stage, they were greeted by cheers and creams. It seems that this all female band had already a group of loyal fans. Cady has seen these girls in campus once in awhile but Gloria never seems to mingle with them. The lead singer of the band seems to be a very beautiful yet dominant personality. She moves to the center of the stage and begins to sing her beautiful rock music with great force that made the crowd cheer even louder for them. She ended her song with a very acrobatic vocal sound that made everyone give them a standing ovation when they ended their song. they leave the stage and head to the back of the stage.

After their performances, the talent contest started to get good, most of the talents were Echo students. They sang or danced which were very entertaining to look at. After the third group or so finished the stage suddenly began to get darker until the stage was completely dark. Cady was just simply instructed to maintain the curtains open. It wasn't long until a silhouette of a person is standing at the center of the stage, it had on a very skin tight glow in the dark dress.