Chapter 8: Technically the First Day of School

After a goodnight sleep, Cady is woken up by Hayden's cellphone alarm. With her eyes still adjusting her vision she tries to observes the room and looks away from a bright light. It seems that there's a little light coming in from the side of the curtain covering the window. Cady suspects that it maybe a hot day today. She grabs her phone and notices that she has received several text messages from the school again. It is apparent that the school is really reassuring everyone that everything is better now. According to the administration everything is secured and that every student is required to go to school today.

Cady scrolls down her cellphone inbox to see if there are other messages besides from the school administration. She notices that she has received several unread messages coming from her parents, even a few missed calls. As she reads this it seems that her parents heard the terrible news on the horrific event at the auditorium. From their text, Cady is certain they want her back home. Even with this happening, Cady is sure that she doesn't want to go home yet. She texts back to her parents reassuring that she is fine and that things will be better. She continues browsing her messages but then she hears a voice in the room.

"Good morning, Cady." Hayden greets her.

"Good morning!" She replies to him.

"It's already 7:00 am. Most classes start at 8:00 am. Will you be going to school?" Hayden asks her.

"Ya, I think I should. There's no point in procrastinating anything." Cady tells Hayden as she ties her hair into a ponytail with her favorite purple rubber band.

"Yeah, you're right. By the way, did you get several messages from the school again? Coz I did." Hayden asks her.

"Ya, I did. I guess everything is safe now." Cady answers as she looks at her bag to find some fresh clothes she thinks is acceptable in school.

After Renee had second thoughts of lending her anything, it's a better option to use her clothes from then on. After awhile, Cady thinks about the decay she encountered at the girls dormitory and if it was killed. All she can remember is another figure tackling the creature but she doesn't know for sure what it was.

"I was thinking about staying but I guess it's better to go to school and find out what people know about the incident." Hayden tells her as he stretches his arms and place both hands behind his head.

"Ya, I'll let you know what I find out too." Cady tells him.

After remembering about Cady and her class schedule, Hayden immediately puts his arms down. He goes through his stuff and lends Cady his computer so she could access her schedule.

"Checking my campus account. It seems that I have History of Delta for my first period, English and Math for my second and third, Science for my fourth." Cady tells him.

As Cady is talking, Renee who is still sleeping suddenly gives a big 'SHHHH!

"My classes aren't until nine so will you both be quiet." Renee says as she covers herself with a blanket.

Hayden tells Cady softly that she could use the bathroom if she needed to as he is already clean and will just change his shirt. Cady at this time gathers some of her clothes from her bag. She then realizes that she needs to go back to her dormitory room very soon as she did not pack a lot of stuff when she went to the girls dormitory. Cady tiptoes going to the bathroom quietly as not to disturb Renee again. She closes the door and starts to take a bath. The warm water of her shower rejuvenates her back from her sleepy state. After her bath, she dries herself up, wears a sky blue blouse and white jeans. She then readjusts her ponytail using her purple rubber band and heads toward the bathroom door. Cady gets a little startled at what she sees. Renee is standing in front of the door as if she is waiting for her to finish up. She has the usual frizzy morning hair and still has her worn out makeup from last night.