Chapter 14: Go Back

Cady's alarm wakes her up at exactly at six o'clock. She is about to adjust the alarm for fifteen more minutes but then realizes that her roommates might fool around with her phone again.

She gets up from her bed with the most painful headache but despite the pain she is feeling, she manages to walk towards the bathroom and lock the door behind her. Cady goes towards the mirror and looks at herself. Her hair is messy and her eyes are slightly red. She begins to pat her cheeks to give her a little energy to undress. She heads for the shower. The lukewarm water freshens her body from the cold icy room of their dormitory. She reaches out for a conditioner near the bathroom window. It is color yellow with a brown cap. As Cady looks at the bottle and reads the text, it says "Banana Conditioner", she began to sniff the sweet scent. It smells like a little piece of heaven. She places the liquid goo on her pal and begins to rub the creamy substance into both hands and massages the cream towards her hair.

"So this is the conditioner Latoya has been talking about" She tells herself.

Cady realizes that she has to go soon so she quickly washes her hair and then cleaned her body with a pink soap.

She comes out the shower all fresh and lively. She dries herself with a green towel and wraps it around her body. She heads for the room, at the exact moment she opens the bathroom door, the freezing cold of the room welcomes her. She quickly rushes towards the air conditioner and lowers the thermostat. After, She heads towards her bed and sit on it. She grabs her phone and quickly sends a message to Hayden asking if he is coming or not. The night before she texted Hayden a couple of messages to apologize for her actions and that she wanted to make it up to him.

"No reply, I guess I'm on my own" Cady tells herself.

Cady began using her cellphone as a flashlight as she collects her things since the room is slightly dim. She began to pull out a black stroller from under her bed, one of Gloria's things that she lent Cady for her travel back home. Everything is prepared the day before. Cady heads for her cabinet drawer and places a few essential products in her black purse, another item that Gloria lent her. Cady placed her famous lipstick, her cologne, her makeup kit and other essential things. As she puts the products inside her purse, she applies each of them on her body before moving to the next item.

Cady pulls another door of the drawer and pulls out the clothes she'll be wearing. She heads for the bathroom and after a few minutes she comes back out wearing a black hoody and short denim shorts. She goes to her bed again and grabs her famous blue sneakers to wear.

"Okay, I'm all set" Cady tells herself as she goes and grabs her belongings and heads for the door.

As she looks at the time from her phone, she notices that it is already six forty. Cady begins to run towards the hallway and out the dormitory. She heads for the campus road and runs towards the bus station. She begins to board a bus that has a sign on the front which reads "City of Bravo". Dhe opens her purse to get her travelers passport which she uses to tap on a machine to read it. After awhile, the machine shows her picture on a small screen and a green light flashes to signal the bus driver that her identification is valid.

As she walks inside, surprisingly the front seats on the left right side did not have anyone sitting on them. She hurries towards it and places her belongings on the other seats in hopes to reserve one for Hayden if he decides to come. As she patiently waits on her seat, she looks at her phone again which reads six fifty three. It seems no one is entering the bus anytime soon. Cady closes her eyes a bit, just to kill off her boredom. After a few minutes, she hears the bus door open She opens her eyes and hopes the it is Hayden but unfortunately it is just a scrawny old lady. She seems to be frail and even needs the driver to help her board the bus. Cady is disappointed that it isn't Hayden. She gives up on him. She begins moving her belonging to her side so as to give the other seat to the old woman.