Chapter 10: Detention

After classes were over Cady and Doris met up. They gather their things from their classroom and head to their lockers. They're very happy to see that their lockers were just close to each other. Cady's locker is just at the left of Doris' and it seems very convenient for them since they are getting to be good friends. To make this better Cady notices a lot of cute Alpha boys that have lockers just on the other side of the hallway.

After the two get ready, they walk along the somewhat empty hallway until they arrive at a dark green door which has a sign just above it that reads 'Detention Roo'. The 'm' seems to have been removed by some vandals Cady expects.

"Cady, I'm scared. This is my first time here. I'm a good girl." Doris tells Cady as she is hesitant to go in.

"Don't you worry Doris I'm here to protect you." Cady tells Doris and gives her a friendly wink.

Cady opens the door. It is sort of quiet. A man in a gray suit is leaning against his chair, almost sleeping. He had salt and pepper hair and an insignia that had a yellow beaver design in it. "He must be from The Walled City of Charlie." Cady tells herself.

As the two girls enter, the man notices them. He looks at the two and extends his hand. They automatically knew that they needed to hand off their detention slips to him. He looks at Doris and examines her as she sits nearest to the classroom window. He then looks at Cady, then her detention slips.

"Two violations I see, and school didn't start yet. I hope you're not a trouble maker Ms. Williams." He tells Cady.

She then sits on a chair next to Doris. As Cady observes the room, she notices that the floors are not cleaned for a while, as there were a few dust bunnies here and there and some parts of the floor seem to have stains of some sort of sticky liquid that have been dried off. On her desk are some doodles that had vandalizations on it, from drawings of comical characters, to male genitals, to some marker writings that read 'push to eject teacher' and has an arrow pointing on a black round button drawing. The classroom seems very empty, except that there were already two students there that came before them.

A girl that had deep red hair with pink highlights that is carefully arranged into pigtails. She had dark clothes with shades of purple stripes. She has a few metal piercing on her right ear more so on her left and was whispering to the guy beside her. The guy had shoulder length, black hair. He had some metal chains around his neck and he is wearing clothes all in black.

As Cady observes them, they suddenly smooch. The girl then notices Cady and asks what she is looking at. The professor does not seem to notice all the action as he is almost sleeping while leaning on his chair.

"The names Star!" She tells Cady.

"Yoshi." The boy introduces himself them soon after too.

Cady did not want to answer them as they are clearly weird people to hang around.

"What? You got a problem with us?" Star asks Cady as she makes some hand gestures.

"The name's Doris! Nice to meet you guys." Doris replies silently as not to wake up the professor.

"Ha-ha! That old man is not going to bother us. He's too old to care." Star tells them.

"Yup! We have been here several times before and Mr. Bolt there has never caught us smooching." Yoshi tells them as he gives Star a smack on the lips.

"His name's pretty ironic right?" Star tells them as she starts to hug Yoshi.

"Well, I'm from The Walled City of India and I am of Indian decent so I know what irony means." Doris tells them as she smiles.