Located

Maurice sits on the playground at school bouncing a dodgeball up & down between his legs.

His classmates run past him laughing and he smiles back continuing to bounce the ball.

A Voice: Maurice (whisper)

Maurice stops bouncing the ball.

Voice: Maurice (whisper)

Maurice looks around.

Voice: Maurice.

Maurice finally turns around toward the gate and jumps back accidentally kicking the ball into the gate.

Voice: no no no, it's okay it's me Anthony.

Maurice still looks in horror at Anthony's deformed face. His face looked melted down to his chest.

Anthony: come here.

Maurice stands up.

Anthony: come here I'm not gonna hurt ya.

Maurice: you hurt me and mommy.

Anthony: I know and I'm sorry. Hey you know what I can do to make it better?

Silence.

Anthony: I can apologize to you and mommy do you know where u guys live? By a certain park? Or place? Anything you can remember?

Silence.

Maurice: A bunch of other houses.

Anthony: Goddamnit Maurice!

*Bell rings*

Anthony: I'll see you soon.

Maurice: my daddy's gonna protect us.

Anthony: your daddy's a-

Children: come on Maurice!

Anthony: don't you want the ball?

Maurice runs away back into the school.

____________________

Maurice gets into the car with all his energy completely drained.

Tiffany: hey baby what's wrong?

Maurice leans back putting on his seat belt.

Tiffany moves the hair from out of his face and rests her hand on his forehead.

Tiffany: baby what's wrong? You can tell me.

Maurice: I want daddy.

He weakly smiles at her.

Tiffany starts the car.

Tiffany: okay he's at home, we'll be there in no time don't worry.

___________________

*Tiffany's P.O.V.*

*10:00 pm*

I walk upstairs from washing the dishes to see the master bedroom closed hearing Maurice & Chris's voices on the inside. I hum a tune not wanting to invade their privacy.

Minutes later they stopped talking so I let myself in and Maurice was asleep in Chris's lap.

I slowly climb into bed.

Tiffany: what happened?

Chris: he asked me am I going to keep keeping you guys safe and if Im gonna be around to protect you all the time.

I look down at Maurice.

Tiffany: why would he ask that?

Chris: I don't know he seemed pretty startled. Are you sure nothing happened at school?

Tiffany: he seemed real tired but I kept asking him was he okay but he just kept saying he wanted to talk to you.

Chris: (sigh) he's okay. Maybe just had a long day or something, let's go to bed.

Without another word we cut off the lights and tv and went to bed.