So Far So Good

*6 months later*

*Chris's P.O.V.*
Chris: Babe can't you wait till I drop you off! We have the same shit at home!
I grip the steering wheel trying to compose myself but then bite my lip nervously realizing I just cursed at Tiffany with Maurice in the backseat.
Chris: baby I'm s-
I look over to see her hands over her face silently crying. Most of the time during this pregnancy Tiffany's been chill but once in a while she will throw this crazy ass tantrum over NOTHING!
I start to hear crying from the backseat and look to see Maurice crying also. I turn my attention back on the road trying to think of something to diffuse this situation cause whenever Tiffany cries Maurice cries harder.
Chris: okay! We'll go get the junk food!
Tiffany takes her hands off her face smiling. She looks back at Maurice and they high 5 each other laughing.
Chris: is that how you treat yo daddy! (Laugh)
Maurice laughs.
______________________

I pull inside the driveway and Tiffany and Maurice grab their snacks and get out the car. Tiffany comes to the driver side and leans inside the window.
Tiffany: you'll be home soon right? (Pout)
Chris: yes.
Tiffany: you promise?
Chris: (laugh) yea why you actin needy all of a sudden?
Tiffany: I'm 8 months pregnant of course I'm needy.
Chris: I'll be home as soon as I'm done. Okay?
Tiffany nods.
Chris: okay, I love you.
Tiffany: I love you too.
I pull her in by her chin & kiss her on the lips and drive off.

*Tiffanys P.O.V.*
We get inside the house & I sit the bags down.
Tiffany: so what are we going to watch!?
I ask as Maurice heads upstairs. I begin to follow him.
Tiffany: Captain America, X Men, or you gon keep making me watch movies with your daddy in them.(laugh)
A voice: we can watch power rangers.
I trip over myself in the hallway almost crashing into Maurice's door. Maurice crashes into me, clinging onto me while we both look in horror at who was behind us.
Anthony: miss me?
I squeeze my arm around my son and the other around my daughter.
Anthony looked psychotic & just grimy. I haven't seen him since that day and I had no idea the damage I caused. The burns and permanent scarring all over him. He starts to approach me with his hand behind his back and Maurice starts to scream at the top of his lungs. I try to pull Maurice to the opposite side of Anthony.
He limps over to me, pressing his body up against me. My knees tremble feeling his breath on my neck and something cold & hard up sliding up my back. I close my eyes and try to hold in my tears.
Anthony: I need you alone so play along & don't try nothing.
His rough beard scratches my cheek, and I subtly snatch myself away from him.
Anthony: aye Maurice why don't you go in your room.
Maurice charges toward Anthony before I could fully blink & it took all the strength I had to grab him by his collar and pull him back to me. I've never seen Maurice get violent. I look down at his red angry eyes and puffed up checks like he wanted to murder Anthony.
Anthony: I see you also got that badass temper from yo daddy.
Anthony snatches Maurice by his hair and I immediately go into attack mode throwing blows at Anthony's head but they weren't phasing him.
He throws Maurice in his room and I try rush to my baby but Anthony grips my hand tight pulling me out the door. I scratch and pull & even try to bite his hand to let me go but he grabs my upper arm cutting off my circulation and pulls me in close.
Anthony: close his door & I won't hurt him.
I look at him for a long time. He's lying. He's lying. I know he wants to hurt my baby.
I walk over to Maurice's door look back at Anthony and quickly snatch my phone out my bra and toss it in the room without Anthony noticing. He raises the gun at me and I raise my hands in defense. I hear him cock it as he presses it against my temple. We make our way down the stairs and I'm slowly beginning to lose it. I see a chair in the foyer that I didn't see when we first came in. He slams me in the chair & grabs some rope and duct tape he had off on the side and restrains me. I don't even try to talk to him cause I know he won't listen. He has murder in his eyes & I had a feeling someone wasn't going to walk out of here alive. Maurice was in his room and Chris will be home any minute and Anthony knows it that's why we're right here as soon as Chris comes in. Things were going so great. Maurice, the baby, my engagement ring I was now looking at through teary eyes. All the questions I was asking myself that I couldn't answer. How did Anthony get in? Is he going to hurt us? Was I never going to able to walk down the isle? see my baby girl? Or finish spending the rest of my life with Chris?
_______________________
Maurice unlocks Tiffany's phone and goes to her recent call log. He see's Chris's picture as his contact and calls it.
*Ring*Ring*
Chris: baby I'll be home shortly(laugh)
Maurice: daddy!
Chris: Maurice? ............wait hold on you talkin too fast I can't understand you
Maurice: Anthony is here daddy!