⭐️Chapter 33.Narine

Chapter 33.Narine

~

Jessica's P.O.V

The early morning sky was clad in grey. The clouds were doubling up on each other menacingly. The smell of incoming rain was heavy in the air as was the electricity, the expectation of the coming storm. A crash of thunder sent my heart pounding. The sky continued to flash as I sat waiting for Vic to pick me up. Finally, it's Friday and tomorrow's the weekend. I'm so psyched because we all planned Iqra and Tony's surprise party.

The rain looked like tears from the eyes of the clouds, softly falling on the ground with a light pitter-patter sound. The rain blurred my vision yet I stared to the sky, it poured down from the sky and met the ground with a calming noise. I actually like nature in this type of environment, where I'm all alone and it's silent. Where the wind will whisper to me and the raindrops, as they're falling, tell a story. (A/N Haha Evanescence reference mofos c;)

Silence...

...Silence is better than bullshit.

I enjoyed the silence. But silence is when I begin to drown in my thoughts. I sat on the bench, emotionless. I actually liked nature when it wasn't that much surrounded. When, I was just alone. Opening my mouth, I was letting the sweet rain land on my dry lips and parched tongue. This rain had been eagerly anticipated now it had arrived to much welcome. The water fell from the sky like it always seemed to in this small town, drip by boring drip, with little excitement. I was getting soaked, but who cares?

The rain continued pouring even heavier. The thunder boomed as loud as a stereo, it was a gunshot to my ears and I flinched instantly to the startling noise.

I heard the sound of a horn honking and shook again. Vic sat in his car, waiting for me. He waved and smiled, gesturing me to get inside. I skipped through the rain and dashed in the car. I could feel butterflies in my tummy as he leaned down with his soft gentle lips and planted a soft sensual kiss on my mouth.

"Shit." I muttered as I pulled away, realizing I drenched the leather seats of the car.

"It's fine, don't worry." Vic replied, and he reached in the back, behind him and pulled out a towel, passing it to me.

"You have everything, don't you?" I chuckled holding the towel to dry my now frizzy hair.

"Mhm, I'm prepared. Why were you sitting in the rain?"

"I love the rain. I didn't want to sit inside, Danielle was up anyways."

"I see." He nodded and began to drive.

**

"Aren't you suspicious?" Vic blurted out all of a sudden.

"Suspicious? About what?"

"Holly." He mummered.

My eyes widened. To be honest, I haven't really thought about Holly ever since the incident at lunch on Monday. But now that I think about it...

"...Why would I be suspicious?" I asked.

"Holly is a wicked little devil. She's the spawn of Satan. I've known her for a while, and to be honest, I'm surprised she hasn't done anything since she transferred. She can do anything, and I mean anything. I'm fucking worried. I don't want her to harm you or any of us." Vic dryly replied. "Plus, have you noticed who she's sitting with at lunch?"

"Uh, nope. I have no idea. I don't really see her."

"She sits with Mila and Lina."

Oh shit.