⭐️Chapter 16.Wide Awake

Chapter 16.Wide Awake

~

Jessica's P.O.V

December 20th. 1 day until winter break. Thank you Jesus! Then I'll be 3 weeks free from this hellhole called school. I sat down at our normal lunch table with the crew.

2 months.
It's been 2 months since Vic slipped into a coma and I can't get that out of my mind.
We all have been visiting him daily at the hospital after school for a few hours.
He's basically paralyzed. But the doctor said that he can hear and see us.
I haven't really had anyone to talk to besides him.
When I'm next to him, I just say random things.
Sometimes I end up breaking down, because to be honest, I still believe that's it's my fault.
Mike may have apologized, but I still have that feeling.

I feel so empty without him.

"Hey losers!" Lina waved at us from her table.

I scoffed.
Yep, they were back. They weren't gone forever,you know. Lina and Mila were suspended for a short amount of time,sadly. And Adam? Oh Adam. . . Well let's say he's in a better place now.

Woah,woah NO he didn't die.
But, he is in a mental hospital.
I mean come on, a 16 year old using a gun? Of course he would be sent to a mental hospital for help.

Mila and Lina?
Well they were in juvy.
For like 3 hours until their rich parents bailed them out.
So they stuck to suspension, which they couldn't get out of, haha.
Sadly that suspension lasted only a month, and then those two were back and after us.
Ugh.

Mila walked up to us,waving her hand in my face."Still listening to those satanic bands,Jessica?" She had a disgusted look,observing my "Suicide Silence" t-shirt.

I groaned.

"Is that really the best insult you can give me?" I said sarcastically.

She chuckled. "Oh whatever. I'm just being nice and giving you advice. How bout' you listen to some real music like Nicki Minaj? She's my idol and way better than those emo bands!" Mila shoved her phone in my face,playing "Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj.

"Oh my Jesus. Is this what our generation has come to?" Julia sighed. "That tiny spec of faith for humanity I had left. Yeah you Lina, just completely annihilated it. I hope you're happy."

"Ew. Get it away before my ears bleed." I pushed Lina's phone away.

"Ugh, screw you all. Last time I tried to be nice for once." She rolled her eyes and walked back to her table.

"Screw you too,bitch! We didn't ask for your lameass what you call advice!" Iqra screamed to her.
Mila stuck her middle finger up at Iqra.
"Fuck you! If I weren't lazy to get up at the moment, I would kick your ass!" She yelled.

I sat there laughing. We all did.

"Iqra, how about you just eat?" Narine said,passing her own food to Iqra.

Oh right, Narine.
Yes, I had found out that she has anorexia and all of us took this seriously.
Narine also has therapy with me. We attend the same clinic,just different therapists.
All of us make sure Narine eats a meal,three times a day.

"Shut up,Narine. Don't try that trick on me." Iqra passed it back.
Narine rolled her eyes. "But I'm seriously not hungry right now. Jessica made me eat so much for breakfastttttt." She whined.
"Ok,ok. That's true. I made her eat this huge breakfast burrito." I agreed. "But you still have to eat something,atleast a fruit." I threw a apple at her.