⭐️Chapter 9.New Beginnings

Chapter 9.New Beginnings

~

I woke up to the sound of Vic's voice. It was 11:30 a.m.

"Gooooood morning." I sat up, seeing him and the other seven sitting all over the room. I greeted by everyone, Destiny, Narine,Julia,Iqra,Mike,Tony and somewhat by Jaime, who seemed to have half a bagel stuffed in his mouth.

"Jaime, you pig. Psh." I looked at him and laughed. He replied, "Whale I wash hungrey", (chewing food). It was hard to understand what he was saying.

Everyone laughed. Then I noticed something.

"Aren't you all supposed to be in school? It's Thursday." I questioned, raising my eyebrow.

"We skipped. All for you, okay? We deserve a award." Julia replied.

"You skipped? What the hell is going to be your excuse??"

"Oh. Uh. We'll think of that later." Mike said after.

"Anyways. The doctor said you'll be ready to be discharged in a while,she's getting the papers." Vic said.

"Then we're all gonna stop by your apartment for the last time,grab your stuff and head to Vic's." Iqra said.

"Where we're gonna party and have a sleepover!" Jaime yelled.

"Party?! Yay." I replied.

Wow, psh. My day has been basically planned for me.

"Hey Vic, Mike. Are you sure your parents are fine with me staying over?" I asked.

"Yeah of course!" Vic said. "By the way, we brought you some food." He passed me a paper bag which when I opened, contained a bagel.

"Yay. Thank you."

I didn't feel that hungry. In fact, I didn't feel hungry at all.

He stared at me. I'm guessing he was waiting for me to at least take a bite.

I took a bite of the bagel just to please them. Vic smiled. "Good." Dr. Davii walked in with the discharge papers. "You're all set to go." she said handing the papers to Vic. "Okay, thanks. You ready to go?" he asked me. "Hold on. I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I replied walking into the really tiny patient bathroom. I looked in the mirror. Ew. My hair was all messed up and my face was too, as usual.

I didn't have anything with me, but the hospital provided these really tiny toothbrushes and tubes of toothpaste to use. I brushed my teeth and attempted doing my hair using a little comb I had in my back pocket. I'm too lazy to put my hair up, so I left it out. I walked out the bathroom grabbing my phone and headphones. "Blah. I'm ready. Let's go."

"Woman you took forever." Narine replied.

"What. I was doing my hair ok,psh. You wouldn't want me walking around looking like a hobo all day, would you?"

"You already look like one." She joked giving me a creepy smile.

"Gee, thanks. I feel the love in this room." I replied,laughing.

My apartment wasn't far from the hospital so we all walked. Well, Tony and Narine had their own skateboards that they brought,so they used that. When we reached the apartment on the 3rd floor, I reached into my pocket for my keys.

It wasn't there.

Shit.

"Shit. I don't have my keys." I said.