⭐️Chapter 36.Birthdays

WOOHOO NEW COVER. Uh, I'm actually proud of it.

Vote and comment pleaseeeeee c:

**

Chapter 36.Birthdays

~

Narine's P.O.V

Tony suddenly dashed out, he looked all anxious, and he left us all clueless.

"GODDAMN IT! I knew I shouldn't have put up purple balloons!" Jaime yelled. "Julia, I told you not to buy purple balloons! That's Tony's least favorite color!"

(A/N I actually don't know what Tony's least fave color is, uh. Let's pretend it's purple.)

Julia rolled her eyes and slapped the back of Jaime's head. "Freaking idiot, that's not why Tony ran out."

"Oh. Then, why did he?" Jaime rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, that's what we don't know." Jessica replied.

"Did he not like the surprise?" Vic asked.

"No idea." I mumbled. "I'll go outside and see."

As I inched near the door, I wondered.

Why did Tony just leave like that?

Maybe this was too much?

But it's his 15th birthday! He should celebrate and we all wanted a party.

Maybe he doesn't like surprises?

Time to see.

"Tony, what's wrong?" I asked, as I stepped outside. Tony sat on the bare dry hard concrete ground, and he was crying.

"I don't want this." He replied flatly.

"But, why?" I sat down besides him and placed a hand on his thigh.

"I don't deserve this, Narine."

"Of course you do! It's your 15th birthday and we wanted to celebrate, treat you with a surprise!" I replied.

"N-no, you don't understand!" He cried out loud.

"What don't I understand, Tony?" I said.

Tony looked at me wide-eyed, with his tear-stained face and remained silent for a bit. He sighed, and replied with one word, "Grandpa."

Grandpa?

Tony never really spoke about his grandfather. He never mentioned anything about him.

That is, until yesterday. I remember him saying something about his grandfather in the locker rooms...

"Don't leave me like my grandfather did."

I didn't pay attention when Tony said that...his grandfather left him?

"Tony, your grandfather left you...on this day?" I questioned.

He nodded.

"But, why? Why would he leave you?"

Tony looked up and replied, "I don't think you get it, my grandfather left, yes he did, but he died. He died on this day, Narine. On my birthday. He passed away on my 11th birthday."

I widened my eyes and held Tony's hand. "...What happened to him?"

"H-He was shot." He choked out.