N.K°Police Scare°

Mani's pov

xxx

My phone when off and I rolled over on my bed. It was 3:27 in the morning and I sat up reading the message. I glanced at my girlfriend of 7 years who was still asleep. I leaned over and kissed her cheek before climbing out of bed and walking to the bathroom turning on the bright lights causing me to close my eyes for a good while. Once I got dressed in my Police uniform I walked to the crib in the corner of our room and leaned over kissing the forehead of out 9 month old daughter. 

Once at the station I got in my Police car and drove to the scene. 3 cops were blocking the roads. 2 men stood in the street and both were armed and were not standing down. I grabbed my gun and walked over behind one of the doors of another officers car. 

"PUT THE WEAPONS DOWN NOW. I WILL NOT REPEAT" I screamed. They looked at each other and they put the weapons down. 

They laid on the ground and I slowly walked over, my gun still drawn pointed at the ground beside them but close enough if needed. I walk to them and once I am close enough I reach down and grab the gun. What happens next goes by like a lightning flash. I hear my teammate run over yelling in their radio "Shots fired, I repeat Shots fired. Officer Kordei is down!" The guys escape and I just lay their. News reporters fill the area and soon I am in the hospital.

xxx

Y/n pov

I wake up around 4 A.M to the sound of someone banging on the door. I go to the window and see two police cars, their lights on and sitting in the driveway. Quickly throwing a shirt and shorts on and grabbing our daughter holding her close to me. I walk down the stairs and open the door. Officer Santiago and Officer Brown are standing there. My heart drops.

"Miss y/l/n Officer Kordei was shot twice during a gun down on 97th Street. She was taken to the hospital and taken to surgery. We have no further news and we are here to escort you to her. " Officer Brown says and looks down.

I nod and grab my bag and the diaper bag and go to our truck putting our daughter in her seat and covering her with her blanket. Getting myself in soon after and being escorted to the hospital pretty quickly. Once there I get out and decide to just take the whole car-seat in so its easier for me. I rush inside and News and the police are there. I see flashing lights invade my space as the reporters rush to me asking many questions. Tears slide down my face and I lean down pulling the blanket over the entire car seat to cover her face so she isn't on the news tomorrow. I walk to the desk and I am quickly brought to the room she is in. She is asleep so I quietly walk in and set the car seat down and sit next to the bed. I look at her and I see a bandage around her side and thigh. 

A few hours later she wakes up and currently I am asleep on the couch with our daughter on my chest asleep as well. I wake up to the sound of one of the chairs sliding across the floor. I sit up carefully and lay Bella on the couch face up. I get up and walk over and laying Mani back down. I look at her and a few tears fall. I feel her thumb run across my cheeks wiping the tears. 

"I-I thought I lost you Mani" I said quietly and she closes her eyes and nods thinking the same as I did.

She pulls me down beside her into the bed and pulls me close to her. My face burries in her neck and she rubs my back gently. Her warm soft lips press against my head and she leaves a small kiss.

"I'm sorry Princess." She says softly and pulls my closer. Soon we both fall asleep again in peace.

xxx

Mani's pov

Its been a few months since the incident and It's my first day back at work tonight. Am I scared? Of course. My Fiance is even more scared though. 

Yes I asked y/n to marry me a few weeks after I got out of the hospital. Our Daughter also started talking. I guess she heard me and Y/n in the shower once. Her first word was Daddy. Oops sorry babe. You should be quiet.

xxx

a/n this was fast and it sucked. I dont know the next time i will be able to update. my mom smashed my phone. my fan account on insta has been disabled for a bit aswell. so I have nothing. I am sorry please understand and forgive me because yeah. i will try to update more and maybe an ally one because i couldnt post on her birthday due to my phone. please vote and comment and share if you'd like