Chapter eleven : I dare you

For the next few days, they went to some local markets to shop, saw some samba dance at night.

One morning, they got up early just to watch the sunrise.

All through this time, haley and sam were together. They would sit together. Walk together. Talk together.

And at the end of the day, they would come to their rooms. The girls would gossip and the guys would mostly fall asleep.

One night, Nathan talked to sam about something pretty obvious. Him and Haley.

Nathan : How much longer are you gonna wait dude ?
Sam : What are you talking about ?
Nathan: You know what I'm talking about. HALEY!!! I am talking about you and Haley.
Sam: I don't know! Okay. I will tell her.
Nathan: Yeah. Tell her when another guy starts dating her.
Sam : Hey ! She won't date another guy.

Luke: Why don't you tell her already?
Sam: What if she doesn't feel the same way ?
Nathan: you know she does.
Sam: I don't
Luke: Then why did you say that she won't date anyone other than you ? You like her and she likes you. Just fucking admit it and say it for goodness sake. If you never take the chance, you'll never know.

Sam went quiet. He didn't want to answer. He already knew these by himself. And he knew he had to say it. Sooner or later.

On the last day, they spent the whole day in the beach. They planned of a campfire at night. They planned of staying up late around the campfire and gossiping.

And also a little song session would be nice too. Specially when Sam had his guitar with him. Haley always heard that sam was an excellent singer. She was eager to hear him sing.

"Like he could get any better !" She thought to herself.

All the girls and guys got dressed. They kept it casual. It was pretty cold outside.

The guys wore sweaters. And the girls wore jackets. Haley didn't put anything on. She was wearing a full sleeve top. So she felt cozy enough outside.

They all came out and sat outside around the campfire. It was almost empty. They set the fire on one side so that they would be alone. There were other people walking by the shore.

As they sat round the campfire, a soft wind started to blow. And Haley realised she should have bought a jacket too.

She was getting cold as time went by. They were singing, gossiping about all the old times. Sam noticed that haley was wearing no jacket. He knew she was not okay.

Sam: Hales, feeling cold?
Haley: A little. Its fine.
Sam didn't say anything. He took his hoodie off and put it on her.
Sam: There you go.
Haley: Sam, no!! It's okay. I am not that cold. You're gonna fall sick if you sit like this.
Sam: I'm not feeling cold. Keep it. If I need one, I'll bring it. I have a good immune system anyways.

He smiled. So did she.

Then they started playing spin the bottle. It was luke and nathan first.

So many questions were answered that night.

At one point, it was brooke and sam.

Brooke: Truth or dare, dear brother
Sam: Truth.
Brooke: Ahh !! Brave! Okay. Have you ever met a girl who made you feel special?

"Well....", Sam gives a pause."Yes".

Sam subconsciously looked at Haley. She looked away.

"Is it me ?" Haley thought to herself.

The game kept on going.

Finally It was Sam and Haley.