Chapter twenty two: Down on one knee

She came out of the room to the garden. She couldn't find him.

Then when she gave him a call the phone rang right behind her.

And there he was . Standing behind her with his charming and adorable face.

Haley: You...... Damn!!!

She felt a rush of tears in her eyes. Haley went in and hugged sam tightly.
Sam put his hands around her.

Sam : Hey, .... you okay?
Haley : My makeup is ruined. Sort of. But yeah, I am okay.

Sam chuckled.

Sam : You liked it ?
Haley : I loved it. How did you even.....
Sam : It was nothing.
Haley : NOTHING? You trying to give me an emotional heart attack or something Sam?

Sam gave her a stare. It felt like he was looking straight into her heart

Sam : Brace yourself. I have so much to tell you now.

It was dark. 8:00 am on the clock. Flowers on the table. Garden lights all around. And the moon, blushing behind the clouds. The place looked even more beautiful in the dark.

Haley : Sam ?

Sam : Haley..I still remember the day I met you. I couldn't even imagine that I would come this far with you. Seeing you that day, I didn't know that my life would change for the better. I didn't know someone like you existed. Life brought us together and I couldn't be more lucky

Haley : Sam...

Sam: You are different. From anyone I've ever met. You are one of a kind Hales. You are kind, generous, hopeful, brilliant, gorgeous and just amazing. You are the girl who is in love with music and in love with people. The girl who made the world a better place for me and who made me believe in love more than I ever could.

Haley couldn't utter a word. This was supposed to be just a dinner. And now, Sam is saying the deepest things he has ever said.

What is happening.

Sam : You didn't have me at hello. It wasn't love at first sight. I didn't look at you from across the room and feel like you are the one. But when I knew you, I realised, you changed my world. You made me happy. I can't go to sleep being mad at you. I can't see you cry, or see you sick. I can't imagine a day not talking to you. I can't stand you being hurt. And when I'm with you I'm complete. You make me feel complete Haley.

Haley : Sam, stop.. I am gonna start sobbing I tell you.

Sam: They say, you meet a thousand people in your life and none of them really touches you And then one person comes along and your life is changed forever. You are that person for me Haley. You came and my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You are the last person I want to see every night before I close my eyes and every morning when I open them. I love you Haley James and when all my dreams come true, the one I want next to me, is you.

Haley : Sam...Are you doing what I think you're doing.....

Tears rolled down her cheek. Her voice cracked. Her hands were on her lips.

Sam : There is no reason good enough to keep me from spending the rest of my life with you.

Sam went down on one knee and took out a black box from his pocket. He opened it revealing a beautiful ring. Holding it in front of her, he said,

"You make me happier than I ever thought I could be and if you let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way.
So, Haley James, will you make me the luckiest man alive and marry me ?"