Chapter 7

"Alright, this is where the magic happens

"Alright, this is where the magic happens." Randy says as we enter the room where the newspaper team works. "As you can see, everyone here manages one thing." He explains as I see several students sitting around the place and working on some things. They're very few for a big room. "Jeff here handles all the stories we publish, he's like an undercover cop, he lives for finding stories and if he can't find one he creates one. Molly handles our online paper and she publishes the same stories the only difference is it's online. Mark handles the actual printing of the paper and Sidney checks for typos and what not before I edit and publish the stories. And she occasionally gets us coffee."

"Don't ask me to get you coffee." Sidney says with a death glare.

"Okay, I won't." I say. "So, looks like you got a man for every job, what do you need me for?"

"It's getting hard for me to do all the work here and manage my channel. So, I want you to write the stories with me. We split up the work." He says.

"Okay, but how do you know I'm actually a good writer?" I ask. "I've never shown them to anyone."

"Please, you've been writing since you were fifteen. If you weren't good you would've stopped by now." He says. "By the way, Diego's coming later to work on the sketches. The first piece we'll be working on is the Murder House. Are you gonna be okay with that?"

"Yeah as long as I'll be writing the truth." I say with a nod.

"No not that. I mean yeah of course we're gonna write the truth. But I meant Diego." Randy says wiggling his eyebrows.

"What is thst supposed to mean?" I laugh.

"Come on, you guys were all over each other the first days at the hospital, like you were a couple or something, and now you're ignoring him."

"I am not." I say. "We're going out tonight just so you know." I say with my head held high.

"Not my business but I ship you two."

"That's weird but thanks, Randy." I say with a smile and confusion.

Randy explains to me how everything exactly works and we get to work immediately while Diego works on some sketches for the piece when he arrives. I never knew how much in common I have with Randy, we both love writing and we both are weirdly smart when it comes to stuff like what we went through. I can't believe I wasn't friends with him until now. I always thought he was a nerd, but he's actually pretty cool.

The day goes by fast enough and by the time I'm done with homework and everything, it's time for my date. Diego didn't tell me where he's taking me, so I wear my short black skirt with high leather boots and a black crop top with a white shirt collar showing from underneath. I let my curls down on my shoulders and apply my usual makeup. Eyeliner, mascara and my signature burgundy lipstick.

"You look amazing." He says as I open the door. He looks intimidatingly hot as usual.

"Don't be cheesy Gomez." I say as I pull him inside the house and he leans in a for a soft kiss on my cheek.