Chapter 9

"Miss Thorne?" Detective Brock says for the third time

"Yes?" I answer shaking the image of Marvin And The Others on that stage out of my head.

"Did anything suspicious happen before the incident?" He asks.

"No, we were just dancing and everything was normal." I say.

"Where were your friends?" He asks with a hint of accusation.

"I don't know they were all at the dance though, what are you getting at detective Brock?" I ask leaning forward and resting my elbows on my knees.

He stares at me for a few seconds before standing up from behind his desk and walking around it. He leans on the edge of the desk and crosses his arms.

"I'm not accusing anyone if that's what you're getting at." He says with stern voice.

"Really cause it sure feels like it." I say. "My friends and I have been through a lot for the past two weeks. You were there, you should know tonight was not the first time we saw a dead body." I say.

"I know what you're going through Hannah." His voice is more friendly now and he relaxes a bit. "I'm just trying to understand how this could've happened again."

"She's still in jail right? Paisley?"

"Yes." He nods. "I can assure you she's locked up. Now tell me, Hannah help me out here, what do you think that message meant back there?"

"Whoever this second person is, they're definitely not finished with what they started. My guess, it's someone who had a hand in the first time."

"So you're saying Paisley had an accomplice? She wasn't alone that night?" He asks getting more curious by the second about my theory. I haven't had much time to think about it but I really feel like we missed something, someone must've helped her that day, there has to be another person who knows this 'game', or else how can we explain what happened tonight? Someone knows and they're gonna finish what they started. But I can't shake the feeling that it's someone we know. There wasn't many of us in the Murder House that night, either they were really good at hiding considering we never saw them and the police never captured them or, it's one of us.

"Think about it detective Brock, the picture on tonight's screen was the picture of the same mask Paisley wore that night. Someone else knows."

"You were ready to chop my head off a few minutes ago because I accused your friends." He says with a smirk.

"Not my friends." I'll never admit my doubts to him. "Someone else, someone who knows and someone who we missed that night. The question is, who?"

I exit the office after I answer all the necessary questions and I see that all my friends are waiting for me. They all stand up when they see me.

"What did they ask you?" Brea asks.

"The same I assume."

"Did you tell him about the accomplice?" Diego asks and I nod.