Chapter 32

I look up at the huge red neon letters that read MURDER HOUSE on top of the mansion like estate and take a deep breath

I look up at the huge red neon letters that read MURDER HOUSE on top of the mansion like estate and take a deep breath. The image of the house sends a chill down my spine, recalling the events that happened here the last time I was here with my friends. The sound of my ringtone makes me jump from my spot. I look down at the caller and see Diego's name flash on the screen, without any hesitation I hit ignore and make my way towards the entrance.

The place is quiet, so quiet that a sound of a pin dropping could be heard. Then suddenly, a song starts to play, the same damn creepy song from that night. It's very faint, coming from far away but I can still hear it. I follow the sound trying to figure out where it's coming from and as I walk upstairs it starts to become louder. Until I reach the room where we found Polly's body in. As I walk in, I see my mom is seated in the middle of the room, her stomach bleeding and arms and legs tied to the chair. I stop gor a second, my body frozen and my feet glued to the ground. I take a look around and the room brings back so many memories, flashbacks of Polly's dead body rushed through my mind but I shake my head to focus on the task at hand.

"Mom! Mom!" My eyes start welling up as I gather my composure and pull off the tape covering her mouth then untie her legs and arms. "What happened?"

"I told you not to come, go now!" She says tears running down her dirty and bloody cheeks.

"No! Not without you." I say and help her stand up.

"He's here Hannah, I'm gonna slow you down, leave!" She says while crying.

"That's not an option mom." I swing her arm around my neck and start walking her to the exit. But before we could reach it, the lights go off leaving us in complete and utter darkness, and the song plays once again. I can't believe for a second I thought we might get out of here that easily.

"What is this song? What does this mean?" My mother asks frightened.

"It means he wants to play." I say and take off my jacket quickly, wrap it around my hand, and punch the glass doors that are locked to make an escape. Shards of glass fly everywhere as the glass doors shatter. But just as we're about to leave  the lights come back on and the killer is standing right in front of us. "Mom, go!" I yell.

"No Hannah, please I can't lose you too." She argues.

The killer stands there not doing anything, as if waiting for us to finish the conversation. "I have to finish this, he wants me, go!" I push her out.

She hesitates for a second, tears streaming down her blood stained cheeks, and she turns away limping on her injured leg, getting as far away from the Murder House as possible. I turn back around to face the killer, he stands a few feet away from me, haven't moved an inch.

"Looks like it's just you and me." I say waiting for him to strike, my heart beating so fast that it could burst out of my ribcage at any moment. My chest heaved as I struggled to control my breathing, for the past few months I have been waiting for this moment, to face the culprit who terrorized my town. I have dreamt of standing in front of him, ripping the mask off his head and finally revealing the face behind it.And now, he stood in front of me not speaking, just nodding in agreement to what I said.