Chapter 24

"Escaped from prison?" I yell standing up and knocking my chair down in the process

"Escaped from prison?" I yell standing up and knocking my chair down in the process. "How the hell did they let that happen?"

"Hannah sit down." Detective Brock says calmly. "Apparently she escaped a few days ago but we didn't get notified right away because they thought they found her. It was a trap, she's gone."

"Find her." I say angrily.

"A few days ago?" Diego asks. "Was she out when Jake was killed?"

Without saying anything Brock nods his head.

"Are you saying she could've been the one who killed Jake?" Aubrey asks.

"Yes and no. We don't know for sure." He says.

"How did she escape? Isn't there a footage at the time?" Randy asks.

"There has to be, it's prison for God's sake." Nolan  says.

"Unfortunately all the cameras were off during the time of the escape. They're still trying to figure out what caused it." Detective Brock explains.

"Oh come on. That's bullshit, do you seriously expect us to believe it was a coincidental mishap with the security systsm? She obviously had help." I say.

"And the person who helped her is probably the killer." Diego says looking at all of us.

The thought did cross my mind but hearing Diego say it out loud made my heart beat faster. The last time we went to there we saw that Jake visited Paisley in prison. But now Jake is dead, who could it be?

"Detective Brock can you ask them to send the list of people who visited Paisley before she escaped?" I ask.

"We're already on it. We're expecting a copy sometime tomorrow. Now if you'll excuse me the press somehow found out and people are freaking out. I have to give a statement." He buttons his suit jacket and leaves his office.

"I cannot believe this is happening." Aubrey groans snd lays back in her chair.

My phone beeps with yet another text and I quickly take it out to read what the psycho has to say now. The others are talking about the recent events so no one notices that I got a text.

Can't wait till the family reunion.

"Family?" I whisper to myself.

"Did you say something babe?" Diego asks.

"I need to know if the man Randy found is my dad." I say showing them the text.

"I'll drive." Randy says as we leave the station.

Two hours late we're out of Riverwood and into our neighbouring town. We go to the address Randy found. A shop where my possible father sells hunting equipment. The door makes a ding sound as I push it open and walk inside, the others following behind.