Chapter 13

"No no, you're fine you're okay

"No no, you're fine you're okay." Woody says through his tears and broken voice as he crawls on his knees towards Linda.

"Woody, don't." I say as calmly as I can.

"We have to help her." He yells.

"Hannah." I hear Aubrey's voice and soon after Brea and her run towards us. "Oh my God." She says once she sees Linda and takes a step back.

"What?" Brea says running behind her as she has not yet seen the body. "Oh my God." She repeats Aubrey's words as her eyes widen at the sight.

"She's fine." Woody says looking at the girls, who are now both staring at the scene with teary eyes. "You're fine." He says looking at his girlfriend's corpse and tries to stop the blood, now slowly oozing out of her throat.

"Call the police." I say to Aubrey and she nods, already dialing on her phone.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I slowly approach Woody and try to peel him away from the body but he is persistent to stay with her. I start crying harder once he starts talking about how much he loves her.

"Woody, the police are on their way. They're going to help her but you need to come with me." I say calmly as he has yet realised that Linda is beyond help.

He slowly nods, removing his shaking hands from her throat and sobs. I help him up and manage to get blood on myself too and once he stands he immediately buries his head in my shoulder and cries like a little baby. I hold him and let him cry until the police show up.

"Nobody leaves the building until I say so." Detective Brock tells his men as the Riverwood police department run around the school trying to calm down the students and the angry parents outside who are trying to get in. The forensic experts are trying to collect evidence and taking pictures of the corpse and the crime scene.

"Hannah!" Diego runs past an officer as he tries to stop him and comes running to me and wraps me up in his arms tightly once he gets to me. "Are you okay?" He asks with worry in his eyes cupping my cheeks and inspecting me.

I nod. "I'm fine Diego, the bastard killed her before I even got here, he made me think that I could stop him. He sent me on a fucking wild goose chase."

"Hey. You couldn't have stopped him." He says pulling me in closer and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Aubrey!" Nolan yells as he runs towards her and they embrace as well.

"Are you guys okay?" Randy asks worry written on his and Nolan's faces.

"Yeah." Aubrey says and I nod.

"How did this happen?" Nolan asks after he gives me a short hug as well as Randy does.

"The killer made me think he was after Brea when I got here he had already killed Linda. He wanted me to see it, he gave me hope that I could save her and then he just took it away from me." I say shaking my head as the sight of Linda's body comes to my mind again.