Chapter 20

Brea shows up to Randy's house in less than fifteen minutes

Brea shows up to Randy's house in less than fifteen minutes. Her blonde hair that's usually perfectly straight and shiny, is now frizzy and in a messy bun. Although she hasn't forgotten to wear some light makeup.

"I'm here." She says with a nod waiting for one of us to break the news to her.

Nobody says anything, how do you tell a girl that her boyfriend is a serial killer who murdered all her friends?

"Somebody better talk." She says growing impatient.

"Brea there's no easy way to say this." Aubrey starts.

"Jake is the killer." I blurt out without over thinking it.

Her face grows pale for a second but then she lets out a laugh and grabs her purse again. "I'm leaving." She says walking to the door.

"Brea you have to believe us, please just listen." I follow her and grab her arm to prevent her from leaving.

"Let me go Hannah." Her eyes are wide when she says that to me and I let her go. "How do you expect me to believe that my boyfriend is a killer? Leave me alone."

"Brea we have proof." I yell.

She freezes in her spot but doesn't turn around to face us.

"Just watch." I say handing her the iPad.

As the video comes to a stop, Brea slowly slides down to the floor and hugs her knees. Rocking back and forth the tears slide down her cheeks as she tries to hold in the sobs. But after a few whimpers, she finally lets out an agonizing scream and balls like a baby and we let her. When she finally calms down a bit we explain to her everything that happened.

"Brea I'm sorry but we have to take this to the police." Randy says.

"We need to confront him first. I need to hear what he has to say. Why he did all those terrible things." Brea says.

"You can talk to him when he's behind bars, when you're safe." Nolan says.

But Brea shakes her head. "Don't you wanna know? The police aren't gonna let us near him once they get their hands on him. Jake is my boyfriend. He won't talk as long as there's police involved." Her voice breaks once again.

"Brea this is insane." I say and her phone rings with a new text message.

"It's him, it's Jake." She stands up from the floor wiping her tears. "He says he can't meet up tonight we were supposed to go out." She shows us her phone.

"He has errands?" Nolan says sarcastically. "Is that supposed to be code for 'I'm killing people'?!"

"We have to follow him." Diego says.

"No we have to call the police." Aubrey says.

"The police will attract too much attention and whatever he's gonna be doing, he won't. We need to catch him in the act." Diego says already grabbing his stuff.