Epilogue

I hurry through the crowded hallways of Riverwood University until I reach outside

I hurry through the crowded hallways of Riverwood University until I reach outside. The campus is bustling with people going about their day and especially the student council decorating the buildings with halloween decorations. We are only a few weeks away from the holiday after all.

It's been a year since the death of Randy and everything he caused. My mom and I had a hard time adjusting to the truth, and the pain he left along with it. After graduation, my friends and I didn't want to leave Riverwood completely so we decided to attend a college in town. The university is located a little bit away from all the hustle of the town, it's very quiet. It took us a while to adjust to life after all that happened, we constantly found ourselves waking up in the middle of the night reliving the nightmares that we went through, looking behind our shoulders every time we left the house. And most of all, I found myself freaking out every time I got a phone call or received a text message.

The reason Randy did what he did made me hate him so much that I spent days after that night he died screaming at him for what he did. I hated him and I still do. But he was also my brother and even though I didn't know that, I was still close to him as a sister and that hurt the most. It hurt like a bitch! As time passed I started to become angrier at myself for not hating him as much as I should have. I wanted to hate him, but I couldn't. I was angry at him, disappointed, hated what he did. But couldn't hate it him.

Therapy helped for a little while during the summer before college started and having my friends to share the traumatizing events with helped me more. We helped each other get through it. It was especially hard for Aubrey too, Randy was her boyfriend after all and she was left with unanswered questions just as much as me. We never knew if his feelings for her were true or not, but I wanted to believe in his sick twisted mind, somewhere deep down, he cared about her. But Aubrey didn't think so, she hated him and still does. I still can't comprehend how or why I'm choosing to see the good side of him when all he showed us was pain and sorrow. I guess I don't know it myself. Maybe someday I will.

I finally arrive at my apartment building that's just a five minute walk away from campus. With two pizzas in one hand and my purse and books on the other, I struggle to open the door. But my struggles are put to an end when the door opens itself, a beautiful smile greeting me at the entrance.

"Hey baby." Diego says with a quick kiss as he takes the pizza boxes from me and I put down my books as I enter. Diego and I got back together not long after everything went down, we both realized quickly that we can't stay apart no matter what. We moved in together as college was about to start, into a cosy apartment close to campus that's perfect for us.

"Is everyone here?" I ask as he wraps this arms around my waist.

"Mhmm." He replies while continuing to kiss me.

"Diego can we pick this up later tonight? We have company." I say with a giggle planting one last kiss on his lips before breaking out of his warm embrace.