Chapter 29

"When are you gonna tell detective Brock about the fact that your twin might be the killer behind the mask?" Diego asks as I walk in the deserted hallways of the school at the end of the day and make my way towards the empty newsroom to gather my ...

"When are you gonna tell detective Brock about the fact that your twin might be the killer behind the mask?" Diego asks as I walk in the deserted hallways of the school at the end of the day and make my way towards the empty newsroom to gather my stuff.

Today is finally the last day of River High's newspaper, the last issue was distributed this morning and the principal asked us to clear the room and lock up. There isn't anything we can do anymore to prevent it, we have to come to terms with the fact that the killer will take everything from us. Even if it is just a school newspaper.

As for the revelation my mother made about my twin, I haven't told anyone else except for my friends and as much as I know it's important to tell detective Brock because it might help with the investigation, I can't seem to bring myself to do it. I tried so hard to let it go away, to not let it bother me anymore, to forget. But I can't. My whole life I spent wondering why my father wasn't a part of my life, why I didn't get to have a whole family like the other kids in school. I spent my life not knowing I have a brother or a sister out there, someone I shared a womb with. They're the reason I always felt like a part of me was missing, I always thought it was because of my father, and maybe some of it is, but now that I know there's another part of me out there somewhere, it all makes sense. It's just a shame that this person could be the killer.

"I'm not sure if it even has anything to do with all this." I say putting my stuff in a small box to busy myself from having this conversation.

"Hannah." Diego grabs my arm and spins me around to face him. "You don't believe that. Tell me what's going on."

"Nothing." I say and continue packing random stuff. I haven't been working on the newspaper for long so I don't have many stuff here, but I'll do anything to distract myself from having this conversation and ignoring Diego. Because he's the only person who knows me better than anyone else and it scares me a little that he knows what I'm thinking and I can't get anything past him.

"Hannah this is me you're talking to." He says. "What? Just because we're not together anymore, doesn't mean you can't talk to me."

"I know, Diego." I sigh. "It's just, once I tell Brock it's all gonna be real. Not just a story my mom told me. I have a sister, or a brother out there and the fact that it someone with my own flesh and blood who's doing this, it hurts. Someone I shared my mother's womb with, my own sibling." I shake my head and grit my teeth to stop myself from crying. It's the last thing I want to do, especially in front of Diego.

"Hey it's okay." He rubs his hand up and down my arm to comfort me. "I'm not gonna tell you I know how you feel and that I understand because I don't. But I can imagine. But Hannah you gotta tell them, this person might already be in our lives, he said so himself we know him. It could be someone you see everyday. This is the biggest lead we've got and Brock can help us get the truth once and for all."

"What if we look for it ourselves." I say, an idea popping into my head.

"How exactly?" He asks crossing his arms.