Chapter 3

Paisley runs to a corner and throws up on the floor while Aubrey, Nolan, Diego and I keep staring at Polly's dead body

"This can't be happening. Maybe it's just a prank." Aubrey shakes her head, as if she's trying to wake up from a nightmare.

"It's not a prank Aubrey, you can see her insides." Diego says. "She smells, which means she's been dead for twenty four hours to three days."

"Now's not the time to show off your knowledge Diego, we're not playing a game anymore." She yells.

"Excuse me for trying to help." Diego says as cool as a cucumber.

"Hey, now's also not the time to argue and turn on each other." I yell at both of them.

"Guys, whoever did this could still be in here. We have to leave." Nolan says then turns to Paisley who's now sitting on the floor, hugging her knees and rocking back and forth. "Paisley are you okay?"

"No, she's dead. There's an actual person dead." She cries.

"It's gonna be okay Paisley." I help her stand up and put an arm around her for comfort.

Suddenly a sound of a door closing is heard. We all freeze and try to find out where it came from.

"Someone's definitely in here." I say.

"Amy said no one came in the whole day." Aubrey says.

"Yeah well she either lied or whoever did this and is in here, snuck in." Nolan says.

"Why would she lie?" She asks.

"Because there's an actual dead person in here and someone lurking around, everyone's a suspect." Paisley continues.

"Including us." Diego says, going back to his usual poker face again.

I run back out where we came from and try to bang on the door as hard as I can hoping Amy would hear us.

"Amy!" I yell.

"She's not going to hear you." Diego calmly says what I already know, but I keep on yelling. "Hannah, she can't hear you, the place is probably soundproof." He peals my hands away from the door.

I look at my hands and they're red and stinging and burning from all the banging. I pull away from him and run my hands through my hair and grasp it tightly to somehow wake up from this nightmare.

"I did not sign up for this." I shake my head and shut my eyes.

"None of us did, Hannah." Aubrey says.

"Really? Cause you guys are the ones who begged us to come here."

"Okay calm down, like you said we can't turn on each other." Diego steps in between us when we both take a step towards each other.

"Guys, I found a phone." Paisley yells from the room again and we all run back.

She shows us the phone, the screensaver is Polly in her cheerleading uniform. She must have snuck in her phone, classic Polly, she never went anywhere without it, always had to snap everything. We try to call the 911 but there is no service.