Chapter 21

Rushing through the electric doors of the police station, we search for detective Brock to tell him the latest news that has come to light

Rushing through the electric doors of the police station, we search for detective Brock to tell him the latest news that has come to light. The place is packed with police officers and everyone is busier than usual. Riverwood has never had such attention, there is rarely any crime to report. The worst thing that has ever happened here before these killings started was a kid being stuck on a tree.

"Where the hell is detective Brock?" Diego says almost out of breath from running.

"What is going on? Why is everyone running around?" Aubrey asks confused, looking around at the busy cops.

"Diego? Hannah? What are you kids all doing here?" Diego's dad suddenly approaches us with concern written on his face. "Did something happen to you? Are you okay?"

"Dad we're fine, where's detective Brock?" Diego asks.

"He's not here right now, you guys have to go home right now, lock your doors and stay together do you understand?" He says panicked.

"Mr. Gomez what is going on? We need to see detective Brock right away, it's urgent."

"Hannah, whatever it is you need to say you can say it to me." Diego's dad says.

I look at Diego then at the others and contemplate wether I should tell him or not. But before I could open my mouth, Diego grabs my arm to stop me snd beats me to it.

"No dad we need Brock." He says.

"Sir what is going on? Why is everyone so freaked out about?" Randy asks.

Diego's dad gestures us to follow him into and empty interrogation room and shuts the door behind us.

"This isn't creepy." Brea mutters, looking around the room with her glassy eyes and wet cheeks. "Mr. Gomez what's happening? We have information about the killer that might help."

"What information?" Mr. Gomez asks.

"Dad, just tell us already."

"We had an anonymous tip that there's been another murder." He says.

"What? What tip? Where?" I ask, my eyes widening.

"You don't need to worry. Detective Brock is already there, we have a chance to catch this killer once and for all."

"Dad where?" Diego yells.

"Diego calm down." I intwine my fingers through his and squeeze them to make him calm down.

"I can't tell you that son and you know it." Mr. Gomez says.

"They might be at the wrong place. We know something." Nolan says.

"Please tell us." Brea pleads.

Right then, Mr. Gomez's Radio goes off on his shoulder  and Brock's voice comes through, asking him to gather his guys and meet him at the exact same address we met Jake at a few minutes before coming here.

"Stay here." Mr. Gomez warns Diego then gives us a similar looks and leaves.

"Do you guys think they got Jake already?" Nolan asks.

"Why else would they go there?" Diego asks.

"Well your dad did say there's been another murder." I say.

"An anonymous tip? That seems a little suspicious don't you think? What if the killer lead them there as a distraction, a false hope of making them think they can catch the killer while he goes off doing whatever he wants?!" Randy says.

"We have to go there. What if Jake made that call on purpose? He is the killer." Brea says.

"Brea, are you really convinced he is?" I ask.

"Hannah, what are you saying you saw that video." Aubrey says.

My phone beeps with a new text before I could answer and I open it without checking who it us from.

Like I said, game's not over.

"It's from the killer." I say. "Like I said the game's not over." I read it out loud. "That's what Jake said before we left. He played us, it's him, it's really him. I cannot believe we had him and he played us like that. We had him God dammit!" I yell in frustration.

"Hannah, he played all of us." Diego grabs my shoulders shaking me to stop yelling.

"Let's go!" Brea says. "Jake is definitely not there anymore. But I can help the police find him and end this once and for all."

We get to the warehouse once again and the place is surrounded by police cars and cops running in an out of the place.

"Did they get him?!" Nolan asks confused.

"Detective Brock." I call his name and run to his directions when he turns around. The others following behind me.

"What are you all doing here? You nees to get out of here now this is a crime scene investigation." He says.

"Crime scene investigation? What? No, we know who the killer is." I say.

"Meet me at the station." He says walking away.

"We were just there. Please hear us out." Diego says as we run behind him.

"The killer is Jake Collins." I yell and he stops in his tracks then turns around.

"I don't hsve time for this. You kids need to stay away." He says looking mad.

"We have proof you need to believe us." Randy says.

"Jake Collins is not the killer." Detective Brock says.

"What are you talking about? Yes he is." Brea says.

"No he is not." Brock insists.

"Why?" Nolan asks.

"What do you know?" Aubrey follows.

"Did you catch the killer?" Diego asks.

"Tom, Jerry. Get these kids out of here." Detective Brock says to two officers.

"Yes sir." One of them says and the two obey the command and try to get us away from Brock.

"Detective Brock." I yell and he stops again to face me. "We have proof."

"Hannah, Jake is not the killer let it go." He yells.

"Why? Why not?" I yell back angrily.

"Because he's dead." Brock yells and everyone goes silent. "Jake Collins is dead."

Hello everyone, I'm baaaack! Sorry for the short chapter but I hope you enjoy it

Hello everyone, I'm baaaack! Sorry for the short chapter but I hope you enjoy it. I'm still using my phone to write and update because I couldn't stay away from Wattpad any longer. Anyways, enjoy and stay tuned to the next update and leave a comment telling me who you think is the killer. Xoxo, S.

Ps : Not edited.