Chapter 27

Aubrey quickly shuts the front door and locks it after we enter her house

"This whole day creeped the hell out of me." She says.

"Just this day?" I ask and we both laugh. "Thanks for letting me stay here by the way. I can't deal with my mom right now."

"No problem, I'm glad you're here too, wouldn't wanna be alone after that message." She says gesturing me to follow her into the kitchen.

After we saw the blood written message on Nolan's van, the police investigated the car for any finger prints although we doubt they will find anything useful. Just in case, they kept his van under investigation and detective Brock asked his officers to take us home instead.

"Did Brock say when they're letting Diego out?" Aubrey asks.

I nod. "Tomorrow, they still need to keep him overnight even though he was pretty much proven innocent."

"At least he's getting out Han. I was afraid they'll think it was Paisley since they still haven't found her." She says.

"Mee too and the thought did cross my mind, but Brock already knew Diego wasn't the killer, this was a way for him to right the wrong he was forced to make by arresting him in the first place." I say.

"Why aren't you more excited that your boyfriend is getting out of jail?" Aubrey asks suspiciously.

"I am excited. Are you kidding me I'm relieved he's finally getting out of that place?" I say innocently.

"Come on Hannah. If it were Randy I would be jumping from joy right now. What is it? Did something happen?"

I sigh. "It's just. After finding out the truth of what happened after his mom died, it's kinda hard to go back to being the same with him. He lied to me Aubrey and about something really big. It's not just nothing, it's a really big deal. And as much as I tried to convince myself I could look past it I can't. Trust is a huge deal in my life. I don't know how I'm gonna face him."

"I know." Aubrey gives me a sad smile.

"But he lied. And I don't know if I could look at him the same way now. What do I do Aubrey? What would you do?"

"If I were you, I would need some time as well, if you really do love him then you'll sort it out. Maybe not right away but, eventually." She says and for a minute we don't say anything. "Now come on, let's get some rest, we gotta be at the station early in the morning to get Diego when he gets released." She says standing up from the counter stools and taking two bottles of water with her.

"Maybe not right away?" I ask suggestively holding up a bag of Chex Mix. "Movie?"

"Anything but horror." She says with a laugh.

"You got it." I say amd follow her up to her bedroom.

After finally settling on a movie, we lose ourselves in the romantic comedy until we fall asleep. In the morning on exactly 9:30 am I wake up from the buzzing sound of my phone.

"Shit!" I curse jumping out of bed waking Aubrey up with me.

"What?" She asks not wanting to get up.

"Nolan called me like five times and I have 14 texts from Randy." I say panicking.

"Oh God." Aubrey says checking her phone as well. "Brea texted me too and I have 6 calls from Randy. We're late."

"No shit sherlock." I say earning a glare from her. "Sorry I'm not a morning person. I forgot to set my alarm."

"We fell asleep pretty quickly. What do you think happened at the end of the movie?"

"Really? That's what you're worried about?" I ask. "They were supposed to release Diegoa at 8. We're really late."

We rush to the police station and barge in earning a lot of attention.

"Glad you could make it." Nolan says running towards us with Randy and Brea following. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Sorry our alarm didn't go off." I say.

"More like Hannah didn't set it." Aubrey says as Randy hugs and kisses her.

"I forgot." I say defensively rolling my eyes.

"I was beginning to think you forgot about me." My favorite voice of all time says from behind.

I turn around happily and see Brock unlock the cuffs from his wrists and throw my arms around him and hug him tightly. As if I let him go he'll disappear.

"How are you?" He asks after we part.

"You're seriously asking me that?" I ask and we all laugh. "Why are they letting you out right now? I thought they were releasing you at 8."

"He wouldn't leave unless you were here and the first person he got to see." Mr. Gomez says.

"I missed you Diego." I say.

"I missed you too, so much more." He says with a smile and a kiss on my cheek.

"Oh relax you two it's been two days." Brea says making us all laugh.

"Feels like two years." He says.

Nolan, Aubrey, Randy and Brea all hug him as well meanwhile Mr. Gomez signs his release papers.

"Alright give him back." I say to them and hug him again.

"Okay why don't you go home, or school actually." Brock says with a nod. "And we'll let you know what goes around here." Brock says with a nod.

"Thank you." I say to Brock with a smile and we all leave.

I drive Diego and I to his place while the others decide to go to school. We don't speak on the ride home. He quietly gets in the shower and I make him a sandwich and wait in his room for him to get out.

"That was delicious. Thanks baby." He says.

"You're welcome." I say with a smile.

He sets the plate on his nightstand and turns to face me. "So, my dad told you huh."

"Yeah." I nod.

"We need to talk, don't we?" He asks then sighs and gives me a sad smile.

I nod once again. "Yeah, we do."

"