6

I had been here a couple months when I walked through Snowdin and smelt a familiars scent. A human and Toriel. I smiled and looked over and saw a small human. A child. Holding a knife. Dust littered on there top. I was frozen in gear and I felt pain. I looked down to see there knife embedded in my chest. I suck in a last breathe and scratch there eye as I fell into darkness.

I shot up and looked around panting. I shakily get up and looked towards the door. I remembered it all and felt vomit coming up, making me run to the bathroom. I threw up and felt tear prick ny eyes. Why did it feel so real. I frown and walk back to my room after I sorted myself out. I changed and walked down for breakfast...well until I realised it was 4 in the morning. Not even Papyrus was up yet. I get a drink of water trying not to wake up Sans who was asleep on the sofa. I shake a little bit the flashes of the kid echoing in my mind. I tear up and herd footsteps.

"A little early kitten. Woke up from your cat nap?" He chuckled. I sniffle a little. "(Y/n)? What's wrong?" He asked turning me around. I grip onto his jacket and hug him. He gentle strokes my hair.

"Have you ever had a dream...where you died?" I asked. He tensed and let me go, looking down at me. "Or of someone you care about dying?"

"Why do you ask?" He asked.

"I dreamt that I saw a child covered I monster dust and they stabbed me." I say looking down. He pulled me closer. "Its just a nightmare right?" I said.

"Yeah. Just a nightmare." I heard him whisper. We sat on the sofa and I felt my eyes slowly drift closed and warm arms wrap around me.

*****Sans POV*****

I looked down at her sleeping body with a sad smile. Was it a coincidence or is she remembering? What ever it is I'm not losing her this time. I'm not holding her while she dies. Never again. I'm going to keep her safe.

She's mine and I protect what's mine.