26

3k reads? How the hell? Thank you so much!

The Squip was annoying Christine, as per usual.

But this time was different.

It kept saying the same thing over and over, almost as if it was a broken record, constantly playing on loop.

You could always burn this place down you know, at least your cell.

Christine was starting to get really frustrated with the Squip. "But, isn't that kind of a death wish?" This was another moment where Christine would respond in her head to try not to produce any more worry.

Would you rather die or sit in this room for ten years or so?

Christine yelled, "You're sick!" She forgot about the talking in her head thing for a moment, fuming at the technology in her brain.

But then she stopped.

"Maybe you're right," she said in her head.

I know you would do anything you could to get out of here, even if death was your only option.

Christine needed time to weigh her choices.

"Shut-down."

-

Michael couldn't make it to the hospital to visit Jeremy over the weekend since he had to go to his homophobic grandmother's house to visit.

He didn't see why his family insisted upon him going, considering they didn't pay attention to him otherwise.

After many arguments, Michael was forced to go, despite him feeling utterly unsafe whenever he saw her.

He tried not to overthink things, but that was a part of his personality he could never seem to mend.

He appreciated reassurance, but only Jeremy and sometimes Rich or Jake gave him that.

He sighed, standing in front of his grandma's house- which was practically a mansion- in the pouring rain.

As soon as they settled down on the couch, Michael's grandma started asking questions about his life, as most grandmothers did.

He rolled his eyes, giving mainly one word answers. It was all he needed to say.

His grandma leaned closer to Michael.

"So, do you finally have a girlfriend yet?"

"Oh, um-" his dad interrupted. "Hey, mom? come see these old pictures of Michael we found!"

Michael was grateful that his dad changed the topic, even if it was for his parent's own selfish reasons. They just didn't want to be written out of the will. Michael knew this. His parents pretended to be supportive of Michael, but they were no different than his grandma.

They couldn't wait until Michael moved out.

-

Michael went to the hospital after school on Monday after the uncomfortable experience at his grandma's house.

He kept count of every time she bad-mouthed gay people, which added up to be about thirty-six times.

Yeah, it was that bad.

He didn't understand what she achieved by acting this way. Did it bring her a sense of satisfaction to harm others? 

Michael just went with that.

He walked into Jeremy's room, noticing right away how tired he looked.

Dark patches surrounded his bloodshot eyes.

Michael almost started crying when he saw how bad his boyfriend was doing in this poor excuse for a hospital.

However, Michael knew what to do.

Michael climbed onto the bed and cuddled into Jeremy's small frame, stroking the boys hair to soothe him.

Jeremy was still tense, though. So, Michael did the only other thing he knew would help. He started humming pleasant melodies while still playing with his hair.

Michael was about to ask the his boyfriend a question when he looked over and saw that Jeremy was peacefully sleeping, which was much needed in his case.

Michael smiled softly and kissed Jeremy's forehead, still cuddled into the boy.

The doctor Michael talked to on the phone walked into the room, the shock evident on his face.

Michael just shot him his best "I told you so" look and focused his attention back onto the beautiful boy beside him.

A/N: Might post a 3rd chapter later, keep your eyes peeled or something like that.