65

Michael and Jeremy both woke up tangled in each others limbs.

The power was still off so they couldn't really make any food, especially with an electric stove.

They decided to just rummage through the pantry, as the more they had the fridge open, the faster the food would spoil.

Naturally, Michael pulled out a box of pop tarts.

The sugar rush would be worth it, as both of the boys liked pop tarts way more than they should.

Nonetheless, they each had two. They both preferred them toasted, but they were still damn good without.

The two planned their day out, they would go back into the snow while it was still light and fluffy and just hang out and talk on a bench while being wrapped in blankets.

To some, it would probably be a lame idea for a 'date' but it was the simple things like this that brought Michael and Jeremy closer, if that was possible.

So, the two got dressed. Jeremy managed to persuade Michael to let him wear his hoodie, and Michael couldn't refuse.

The hoodie was pretty baggie on Jeremy, and somehow that made Jeremy even more adorable to Michael, despite him already being the most adorable person in the world.

Michael so hopelessly adored Jeremy and everything the boy did.

Jeremy was eager to go back outside with Michael, finally able to call him his boyfriend again.

Sure, they'd continue to keep it on the down low for a while, at least until they knew they were safe.

Michael had never wished for anything more than the ability to ensure that Jeremy was safe, especially with everything he went through in the past year and a half.

So, he just squeezed Jeremy's hand tighter and walked to the bench in the same empty field.

The two were wrapped together in a soft comforter. It was definitely a lot colder than yesterday.

Michael complained about his nose being cold, so without missing a beat, Jeremy leaned over and pecked Michael's nose.

After that, the two just talked about random things and the other would listen to every word.

That feeling meant everything to Michael and Jeremy.

-
Sadie sat at a stoplight wondering what her life has come to.

She was in some small town in the middle of Pennsylvania and she could not drive anymore.

It was about one in the morning and Sadie didn't know where to go. She was starving and there were no hotels in sight, so she would either have to drive more or sleep in her car in some parking lot.

She went with the latter option, but no matter how tired she was, she just couldn't fall asleep.

She went inside of the Walmart, hanging her head low as she bought water and chips.

She had the constant paranoia that she would be caught, and she wondered if any of this was worth it.

At this point, her felonies were adding up. Before, she only got a few days for shoplifting. Now, she would probably get locked up for years. An endless cycle of not knowing the day, the weather, or anything going on in the news.

Sadie didn't want to live that life, but she would rather do that than spending her days in a car, driving god knows where. However, Sadie felt as if she needed to hide. The urge was so strong, Sadie just couldn't look past it.

She didn't have much food or money, so Sadie was at a loss here.

If you told Sadie a few years ago that she would be sleeping in a Walmart parking lot, running away from several felonies all because of some petty crush on a girl, she would most likely just think it was some stupid movie plot.

Eventually while she was thinking, Sadie fell asleep.

She decided that for now she would keep driving. Once something in her head forced her to go back, she would.

Today just wouldn't be that day.

A/N: Short, but it took me longer than most of the chapters I've written. Also, the next chapter will be about Christine, so that'll probably be longer? I dunno.