71

Christine was expecting to be alone for a long time after that night.

She often thought along the lines of, "Maybe I shouldn't have opened my eyes and taken the Mountain Dew."

At first, the absolute silence was wonderfully serene. At that point in time, Christine was astoundingly refreshed, despite her thoughts already not being the greatest.

Then, all of her emotions surrounded her at once, encasing her in a bubble that she couldn't seem to pop.

Not only was she alone, but the loneliness crept up on her, leaving her heart aching. Her current thoughts were worse than anything the Squip could've put in her head, and that was saying something.

One small portion of her mind knew that she deserved this, but that thought was quickly pushed aside, never to be seen again.

Christine often believed that the whole world revolved around her. She was usually able to wrap anyone and everyone around her finger. She wasn't really aware of why she had the amount of charm that she did, but she didn't dwell on it.

She decided that it wouldn't be smart for her to stay awake, despite the caffeine from the Mountain Dew starting to kick in to it's full effect.

While different parts of her brain were conflicted about so many things, no argument was provided against how stupid Christine was to drink as much as she did. She immensely regretted drinking half of the bottle, as she felt more energetic than she had in a while.

As much as Christine wanted to quickly pace back and forth across the cell, she forced herself to lie down. Her mind was racing and there was no way she could fall asleep without putting up a fight.

She gave up quickly, just lying on her back with her eyes open. The uncomfortably thin mattress didn't help in the slightest.

When Christine's eyes finally started to droop, she heard a few inmates begin to stir. With that, Christine fell asleep.

She didn't wake up until about noon when she was awoken by the grumble in her stomach. As if on cue, Christine was taken into the cafeteria.

As hungry as she was, Christine didn't eat much. The food was near inedible. Words could not describe how much Christine missed the food from the outside world, she could almost taste it now.

The half an hour of lunch seemed to drag on forever to Christine. It always did.

No one other than Sadie has ever talked to Christine at once, mainly because she kept a cold exterior, much like half of the other prisoners.

None of them wanted to be there, yet a good majority of them deserved it. There were only a few prisoners accused of something they didn't do, so they were having the least amount of fun of anyone there.

Christine was ushered back to her cell, where she thought doing nothing for the rest of the day.

For some reason though, Nick came back. Something about Christine's personality kept drawing him back again and again.

Usually, he was the only one assigned to that wing of the prison at night. He didn't really enjoy the responsibility, but it was something he had to deal with.

Working alone during these times had it's perks. Nobody would see him talking to Christine and he knew a good majority of the security cameras were broken.

Nick was equally as enticing to Christine, his mysterious personality effortlessly dragging her in. He didn't say much about his personal life, but maybe it was for the best.

At first, Christine began to plead for any information she could get about him. She hadn't heard any sort of story in awhile, she barely even got any information from eavesdropping on other inmate's conversations at lunch.

She wanted to learn more about Nick, but he refused. He dealt with all of the persisting, though.

However, every time Christine asked him what he got the Squip first, he straightened his posture and walked away.

He figured that she would find out soon enough, he wasn't going to rush things.

It was only a matter of time.

A/N: Is an hour enough time between chapters? Eh, good enough.